mtbr member
    Mar 2006

HPT LaCrosse and Decorah Iowa

I am planning a fairly brutal day of riding Winona, Hpt, and decorah. I have ridden winona, but not HPT or decorah, so can anyone give me any input on trail length, quality and prper route to use when riding these trails? I would appreciate any help you can give me. I haven't really nailed down a date yet but once I do anyone wanting to join me for this masocistic leg-punishing day would be more than welcome to.

mtbr member
    All in one day? That will be a long day in the saddle.

As for HPT, there is a route that gets you all of the singletrack without hitting too much of the double track that's about 7-8 miles in length. You can get a map of the route that they use for the time trail and the WEMS race to www.humanpoweredtrails.org. If you want to round someone up to ride with and show you around, stop by Smith's Cycling and Fitness on 7th and State in downtown La Crosse.

As for Decorah, maybe 1strongone1 will chime in...or you could PM him.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have tossed around the idea of making a weekend out of it, my parents have a vacation home just north of Winona on the WI side in buffalo city, or my GF has lots of family in the lacrosse area, unfortunately my weekends keep getting blocked by too much other stupid stuff. Any other trails in that area worth hitting on a weekend trip?

ogarajef@luther.edu
    Let me know when you want to come down and I will show you around. If your timing works out I could also show you around the HPT trails as well.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    my schedule is pretty flexible, what days work the best for you? maybe the next week or two won't work real well, but I'm sure we can figure something out...

ogarajef@luther.edu
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerBEN
    my schedule is pretty flexible, what days work the best for you? maybe the next week or two won't work real well, but I'm sure we can figure something out...
    I can show you around Decorah anytime, my schedule is open, just let me know.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT"