newb
    Dec 2008

Smile Hello from Kenosha Wi

I am a newb from Kenosha WI. I am curently without a bike as mine got stolen from my garage. The person who stole it was nice enough to leave me a pos Magna though in its place. So Im looking for a new one. I guess at least I get to shop for a new one. I wanted to upgrade from the Trek 4300 that got stolen anyways. Just wanted to say Hi and if anyone around wants to get together ride and teach a newb a few things let me know.
    Thanks Jeremy

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    Jeremy, lets ride! Some great trails down your way, I have a Kona Caldera for sale too

Hit me up via PM if you want to ride

newb
    Dec 2008
    Efff we will have to get together and ride for sure. On the bike you got for sale Im sorry but Im going to full suspension. Its going to be either the Trek Fuel EX or the Fuel 69er not sure yet. But we will have to get together and ride!

mtbr member
    Hey if you want to go for a little drive head over to Zion Cyclery. The owner over there is super nice and they always have a great selection.

Oh and if youre new to the area check out Kettle Moraine in La Grange, WI!
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

newb
    Dec 2008
    Chapman I was over at Zion yesterday and they were very helpful. I have my eye on a 08 Fuel EX 7 they have left over. If its still there when my funds come together it will be at my house! Kettle is in the riding plans for sure. I have hunted out there but not been out there to ride yet will hit it for sure though and Petz will be too.

mtbr member
    Petrified is really fun also. You can do Buehla (sp?) in Zion for a fun but short ride.
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

newb
    Dec 2008
    I will have to check that place out also. Thanks

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    No problems, I'm selling my kona to fund a full suspension build

Let me know when you want to ride, I'm always down. I ride solo constantly, not too many of my friends are still into riding.

-Eric
    Milwaukee Wi

newb
    Dec 2008
    For sure Efff none of my friends are into riding I just picked up a 4300 for my wife but Ill be surprised if she gets into it that much. Im planing on using the old tax refund to fund my new bike. Hopefully my W2s get here asap.lol

Faller - Expert Class
    Definitely Petrifying Springs is THE place to ride that's really close to Kenosha. When I lived in Pleasant Prairie, I would ride there every other day, and it was a blast every time. Night rides there are a blast too!

I've been out of serious riding now for about two years, but am really planning on getting back into it this spring so, let's definitely schedule a ride there sometime!

As far as a replacement bike, I highly recommend the Kona full suspension bikes, as I'm on my second, which is a custom build Leroi. Absolutely love it.

2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

newb
    Dec 2008
    Thanks psinsyd. Yes we will have to get together and do some riding.

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    I must be missing the GOOD part of Petrifying Springs, I do have fun when I go but the trails are a bit slow for the most part. I have only ridden them a few times along the river, I need to ride those trails with someone that knows the area better.

Faller - Expert Class
    Definitely Efff, we could get together and ride there. I had gotten to know the place like the back of my hand when riding there regularly...there are some pretty fast parts there as well as some pretty decent downhills.
    2006 Kona Leroi

well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

Faller - Expert Class
    Quote Originally Posted by jredlin
    Thanks psinsyd. Yes we will have to get together and do some riding.
    Definitely, sounds like a plan. Can't wait til the warm weather is back!
    2006 Kona Leroi