mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Grrreat State Camping/Trails

hey all,

from SD lookin for an awesome campground in MN with all levels of riding...two couples - dudes ride alot and girls not so much, hence the different levels...

would also be nice to have other rec activities available...

considering the gals i am sure that they would appreciate something in the NE or SE region of MN so that in order to get there we must pass within close proximity of the cities...

lastly a state park is preferred b/c i already have a state pass...

thanks all
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adubb25
    hey all,

from SD lookin for an awesome campground in MN with all levels of riding...two couples - dudes ride alot and girls not so much, hence the different levels...

would also be nice to have other rec activities available...

considering the gals i am sure that they would appreciate something in the NE or SE region of MN so that in order to get there we must pass within close proximity of the cities...

lastly a state park is preferred b/c i already have a state pass...

thanks all
    Our MN state parks are currently lacking in mtn bike trails. Our relationship with the MN DNR is great and the future is bright, but at this time we don't have anything that resembles your request. We are currently working with the DNR on projects and in coming years you will be able to camp and ride. Exciting things are on the way. There are state parks near some cities with trails. The North Shore of Lake Superior has beautiful state parks and there is some singletrack in Duluth. Most of it is more advanced though.

My recommendation for great singletrack is to camp in the Hayward/Cable, WI. Beautiful woods and not far from Lake Superior. Plenty of awesome singletrack in area. Check CAMBA website. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    any assistance helps...

thanks...
    Bikes + Wedding = Less Bikes

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RYNOFREERIDE
    My recommendation for great singletrack is to camp in the Hayward/Cable, WI. Beautiful woods and not far from Lake Superior. Plenty of awesome singletrack in area. Check CAMBA website. Hope this helps.

I agree.......this is a great place to ride ! I would love to see more good single track systems developed in the Arrowhead region in MN ( lots of potential ) ! TIG.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    I agree.......this is a great place to ride ! I would love to see more good single track systems developed in the Arrowhead region in MN ( lots of potential ) ! TIG.
    I agree. North Shore has everything. Great vertacle, lots of rocks, great scenery, great places to camp, and many other fun activities abound. There is lots of state/national land also. Would be awesome. MN will have a start at it's first destination mtn biking area next summer. Cuyuna should be built and ready to ride next summer. Should be fun.