mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Green Bay area trails

Moving to Green Bay and I am wondering where the best place to ride is. I have ridden reforestation camp. Anything within an hour or two that I should check out?

mtbr member
    Just yesterday some friends and I did a loop around Standing Rocks at Stevens Point, and Nine Mile at Wausau. Individually each of those is about an hour and a half from Green Bay. If you head over to Langlade, WI there's the Nicolet Roche trail (again, about 1.5 hours). Kewaunee 30min to the east has great climbing at Winter Park. It's a fairly short trail, but after two laps you'll feel humbled by the ascents. There's also the North Kettle's about 1.5hrs south.

Also in town is the Baird Creek network of trails. There's no posted loop, but we've figured out several routes that make for a great ride. PM me if you want more details. I've been riding locally in Green Bay two years now, and have done a good deal of exploring around the region too.

mtbr member
    dbl post...

as long as I'm on the topic though, I'd say Nine Mile is one of my favorite for the rock gardens, Standing Rocks is wonderful because it's so diverse and has a great flow to it, the boulders at Nicolet are really something unique, and Kewaunee will help you get good at those steep switchbacks.

I ride camp about 3x a week, Baird at least twice, and try to travel to others as often as possible. Finally going to ride Blue Mound south of Madison on Monday

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the info! I'll be up there next month, ready to explore!

Garth Brooks & Dun Rulz!
    Jan 2009
    Bairds Creek is where its at. Lots of good, somewhat techy singletrack, bridges, fun up and down hills, two turntables, and a microphone. The trails are not marked at all and it is easy to get turned around if you don't know the trails but all the trails come out somewhere. It is definitely my favorite place to ride in this part of the state and is located on the east side of G.B.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thought I would also mention the Sheboygan Quarry trails as well. I am very new at this but that is the first place I went mountain biking and found it to be a lot of fun. Worth considering if you want someplace different, but is fairly close to GB.

No cost to ride them. Its located on the north side of Sheboygan off of Hwy 42.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Anyone ride High Cliff???

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher2
    Anyone ride High Cliff???

There's not much mountain biking to speak of on High Cliff. There are a couple deer trails that are fun but you aren't supposed to ride them, and they have one really sweet mountain bike trail - unfortunately its a hiking-only trail and if you get caught riding on it I'm sure there is some fine they would try to give you.

Usually I take my bike there once a year in the beginning of the season for my first ride just to tune it up.