mtbr member
    Mar 2004

GnomeFest X, August 23-25, Bear Paw Resort

GnomeFest X, August 23-24, Bear Paw Resort-gfxmedium.jpg

You know the drill.

Registration is live here
    Last edited by botanicbiker; 07-15-2013 at 09:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Kind of an odd date, isn't it? I really want to go, but I work monday-friday 'til 11pm every day. I'm not sure a 3 hour drive is reasonable for this setup

Can you convince me otherwise? Maybe I need some pictures of the trails or something, or some advice. Maybe I'll just end up taking a trip to levis with the girl.

edit: Actually I think I can get off for it, now. Can I get some more information on the trip this year, though? New location for me.
    Last edited by mmik; 07-13-2013 at 02:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mmik View Post
    Kind of an odd date, isn't it? I really want to go, but I work monday-friday 'til 11pm every day. I'm not sure a 3 hour drive is reasonable for this setup

Can you convince me otherwise? Maybe I need some pictures of the trails or something, or some advice. Maybe I'll just end up taking a trip to levis with the girl.

edit: Actually I think I can get off for it, now. Can I get some more information on the trip this year, though? New location for me.

Here are some pics from a previous event
    Gnome Fest 5

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mmik View Post
    While its a little earlier this year, GFX still follows the same Friday/Saturday/Sunday format as years past.

As for a reason to make the drive up, rest assured that the trails of Nicolet-Roche are world class. Tons of flow, some technical riding, and big rocks/boulders to have fun on. Of course, there will also be all the shenanigans that go along with GnomeFest. Not to mention all the hospitality that BearPaw resort has to offer (a bar/food!)

Here's a couple of videos from the local mountain bike trails group - See what the mountain bike trails of Langlade, WI look like with pictures and videos. - Langlade Area MTB Association

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I like flow. Are there a lot of trails that are fairly smooth? Stacey doesn't like rock gardens. : P

It looks like anything technical can be road around or walked through, right? Is there anything that might catch a beginner off-guard that you can think of off the top of your head? Not that telling me about it here will be of any help.

Thinking I'll register by friday.

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    My 8 and 9 year old Son's have ridden all of the Roche trail. There are smooth options for Stacey.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Registered!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I like this years artwork. See ya soon!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Today is the last day to register and ensure you get fancy schmancy t-shirt. Do it!!

Registration Linky link

100+ wheel-build club
    Quote Originally Posted by botanicbiker View Post
    Today is the last day to register and ensure you get fancy schmancy t-shirt. Do it!!

Registration Linky link
    Gnomefest rocks, but if we are not allowed to bring our guns then why is there one on the t-shirt? No disrespect to the designer, its a fun image, but IMO good attitudes, open-minds and bicycles do not have anything to do with firearms. Aren't the guys in pick-up trucks with guns the people we despise?
    "Go that way REAL FAST, if something gets in your way... turn".

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny settle View Post
    Gnomefest rocks, but if we are not allowed to bring our guns then why is there one on the t-shirt? No disrespect to the designer, its a fun image, but IMO good attitudes, open-minds and bicycles do not have anything to do with firearms. Aren't the guys in pick-up trucks with guns the people we despise?
    That's an immersion blender, johnny.
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So will the address on the bearpaw website ( N3494 Hwy 55 ~ White Lake, WI 54491 ) bring me to the area I need to be to set up camp?

I need skills
    Jul 2004

=========
    one hundred thousand farm raised gnomes have been released in the nicolet chequamegon NF....time for a good old fashioned round-up and BBQ!

mtbr member
    I really gotta make it to GFX1. Nicolet Roche is a treasure and this event just looks like a blast. happy to hear the tenth edition was no exception.

=========
    Pretty Good GFX Recap here - On-TheEdge: Hangin with my Gnomies-Gnomefest X