mtbr member
    May 2008

Find Wisconsin Singletrack

If you're looking for a place to ride in Wisconsin, go to http://www.fattireguides.com/. The site has detailed information on about 16 trail systems as well as names and locations for the other approx. 40. This is a free service.

uhhhhhyea
    I didn't see any option to download the maps as GPS data... this would be a nice feature to have, don't know how feasible it is. But I'm assuming that's how you got the maps in the first place. I have some experience working with the different GPS formats if you have any questions, hit me up!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    There are if you go to a specific trail (ex http://www.fattireguides.com/trails/...ail.cfm?tid=33) there is a 'Download GPS Data' link near the trail description. You can download a gpx file.
    Thanks for the offer to help--much appreciated

uhhhhhyea
    ahhhhh cool. coffee hadn't kicked in yet - thanks!

Sconie
    Very Nice!, Glad to see Baird Creek on there.

uhhhhhyea
    I'm pretty sure the baird map is missing some of the "unofficial" trails, though it sucks when you end up going down one of those that gradually tapers off into waist-high brush

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I gotta say that was a tough one to document, there were trails going everywhere

Sconie
    Ya Bairds is kind of a mess, that map wouldn't be legible if it had all the dead ends and go arounds shown. Pretty fun trails though.
    Last edited by AMessy; 05-28-2009 at 10:03 PM.

mtbr member
    no reforestation camp?
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ya I agree, a lot of variety and creek crossings are so cool.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I did some preliminary research and it seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of memorable singletrack. If I'm wrong let me know, we'll get it on the map.

mtbr member
    1st i should have mentioned that your site rocks and i appreciate that u put all that info there. sorry for the negative post w/o the props.
    memorable is all relative. i have a loop at high cliff state park that is memorable to me because i have ridden it with peeps ranging from hardcore racer buds to my dad and my recently passed away dog. but it has been called lame by some. but it's close and fast and rolling and a great workout.
    we're lucky we have so many cool places to ride. i think enough people go to RC that it's worth documenting.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the kudos, glad you like the site. We'll put it on the map and try document this summer. Thanks for the info

Witty McWitterson
    I can think of several trails to add to your listing there. How do we get listed?
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Send as much info as you can. Name, Location, nearest city maybe even a brief description. Keep in mind, we are only posting sanctioned (kind of) trails

mtbr member
    Please shoot me a PM if you want more info on Camp. I don't have a GPS unit, but would gladly show you around every foot of track there. I consider it my 'home' trail and ride there about 4-5 times a week. I also have become very familiar with the dead ends and better loops of Baird.

The guy on the message said Standing Rocks is open today. Better go gas up, because my other plan just fell through.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Love this site.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Glad you like, spread the word!!

uhhhhhyea
    Rode the reforestation camp this weekend. Was a blast! Rode sat. and sunday- saturday the trails were in prime condition - nice and fast. Sunday dried out a bit, which slowed things down. This was my first time on the green loop- I got GPS data for about 7 miles of it, I must have inadvertently taken one of the shortcuts. Not such a bad thing considering I was extremely dehydrated by the end of the ride. It would definitely be worth having a page dedicated to the camp, I'd say a good 75-80 percent of the green loop is chock full of singletrack goodness.

mtbr member
    The site is awesome first and foremost!

Also...am I blind, or is the mileage not listed for any of the trails?
    -little help
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

mtbr member
    May 2008
    No it's OK, you're not blind. Don't know why we didn't include, I think we just overlooked it. Thanks for the idea, we'll try to include for upcoming trails.