uhhhhhyea

dry trails in the valley

Hypothetically speaking... if I wanted to ride this weekend, how far would I have to drive from green bay to find dry trails?

mtbr member
    Edit - The south kettles thread says it's dry there. Not far from GB

I'm planning on just muddin' it at Baird and washing off in the creek :P

uhhhhhyea
    yuck dude baird is going to be a mud puddle. just don't tear up the trails too bad...

mtbr member
    Yeah. I tried to hit the North Kettles on the way home from Easter yesterday, but it was closed yet. I'm just dying for the Camp to open! I hit the drier parts of Baird yesterday, and will be there a lot all week. I'm a very conscious rider of what it takes to build and maintain a trail, so I try to ride very gentle this time of year. Of course, I didn't exercise as much as I'd said I would this winter, so it's not really like I can tear it up anyway :P

uhhhhhyea
    lol likewise, i'm going to be doing my share of "reconditioning" (mostly me pushing my bike the last 6 feet up steep sections) this year as well...

so Is it pretty dry west of 172?

mtbr member
    It sure seems dry. I'm disappointed that the camp isn't open yet Heading off to Baird again now. It's very frustrating this time of year, because I live on the west side and would much rather just run up to the camp. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Is there a # for the camp trails info?

mtbr member
    920-448-4466 press zero. the chick that answered said another week till the camp is open. updates are here:
    www.co.brown.wi.us clic park mngmt, hot topics. trail info is there.

i did see some clowns (campers) riding at high cliff this past weekend. those trails are never open before May.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    High Cliff is as dry as a bone. I was up there the other day, wearing a clown suit.

mtbr member
    oh, it's ready to ride but the Nazi Party (DNR) will not open the trails until there is not a drop of moisture on the ground. don't let Ranger fatass catch u.
    that was a sweet clown suit. shoes and all.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    "Great news! The Mountain Bike and Horse trails will open on Saturday, April 18. These trails include the mountain bike and horse trails at the Reforestation Camp and the horse trails at Neshota Park."

I was talking to the park director earlier this week, and he hinted to me "I wouldn't want it getting out that the park might be open this weekend". I dutifully kept my mouth shut, but now it's official and on the website. One of my good riding friends works that day, so we'll probably be on trail around 7-7:30am

On a side note, if anyone finds a set of VW car keys, or a cateye computer plz let me know. Lost both last fall in the leaves due to a spill, and carelessness