mtbr member
    Apr 2008

devils head ski resort

has anyone riden at devils head? is it any good

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hi,

I am not sure that it's actively cared for anymore or for a few seasons and suggest calling. I know one guy what used to work there has moved on.

I used to enjoy it but prefer the sustainable single track that has been built in the area over the years. I can get to BMSP faster, ride more, climb more, have good downhills etc...

Please report if you find that it's open.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    The Wildeside Velo Club team from the Baraboo area has been doing trail work on the existing trails and developing new trails at Devil's Head this spring. Apparently, the management at DH has changed their mind about having MTB trails. I don't know the status right now, but I know that there has been some work done this spring.

If you post here, there will be a reply about trail conditions. This is a small forum, however, so don't expect an immediate reply.

www.wildsideveloclub.com/forum

Here's a specific thread about the work days...
    http://wildsideveloclub.com/forum/vi....php?f=5&t=123

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    thanks for the replys. i will check it out for sure. i was snowboarding there this winter and it looks like a great place to ride

mtbr member
    This bit of information was just passed on to me:

There will be a trail work day put on by Wildside bikes at Devil's head this sunday at 1pm. Meet in the lower parking lot - first one on the left if you are interested.

They will also have workdays next Wednesday and after that. Please call Wildside for more info.

http://www.wildbaraboo.com/Pages/about.html

The latest news is that last night 90% of the trail is ready to ride and they will start working on a new trail soon.