Perpetual n00b

Blue Mound WI Trail Conditions

Curious whether or not the trails are currently open to bikes at Blue Mound State Park in Wisconsin. The DNR website says trails are open but I'm not sure if they mean ski, hike, bike or all trails are open for use. Thanks!
    If you gorge yourself into morbid obesity, you can skip everyone else in line at Disney World.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Curious whether or not the trails are currently open to bikes at Blue Mound State Park in Wisconsin. The DNR website says trails are open but I'm not sure if they mean ski, hike, bike or all trails are open for use. Thanks!
    The trails are open in all state parks for mountain bikes this year, as far as I know. Not in thaw conditions, of course. The reports I heard are the the Beginner trail, Chert Dip, and Serpentine Climb were pounded down pretty well by the snowshoe users. The park got about 18" of snow and the rest of the trails aren't rideable, even with a fat bike.

The ski trails are open too, and in good condition.

Walt

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Dizzy View Post
    The trails are open in all state parks for mountain bikes this year, as far as I know. Not in thaw conditions, of course. The reports I heard are the the Beginner trail, Chert Dip, and Serpentine Climb were pounded down pretty well by the snowshoe users. The park got about 18" of snow and the rest of the trails aren't rideable, even with a fat bike.

The ski trails are open too, and in good condition.

Walt
    Much appreciated, good sir!
    If you gorge yourself into morbid obesity, you can skip everyone else in line at Disney World.

Perpetual n00b
    Gneiss & Smooth was packed down very well. Chert Dip and the climb back up to Basalt & Pepper were pretty good too. Pleasure Valley loop wasn't very good and even fat bikers were pushing. Got quite a few odd looks and comments from some of them for riding a 29er!

Perpetual n00b
    Thread revival! Anyone know what the current conditions at BM are right now? I'm considering a day trip up there on Saturday if the snow is well packed.