mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Blackhawk Ski Club Bike & Trail Committee

Bike & Trail Committee will be a topic at the Blackhawk board meeting 6/4. This is to light a spark or reconstitute the committee that has managed the biking and trails in the past. Members will work on the sport of riding, managing the trails, and community.

You can express your interest to me or attend the June board meeting. The Blackhawk Ski Club Board of Directors meets on the first Monday each month at Baymont Hotel on Excelsior Drive from 7 to 9 p.m.

The Blackhawk Ski Club is a private club minutes west of Madison with cross country and downhill mountain bike trail. The Chainsmoker bike team hosts cross country races at Blackhawk on Wednesdays. An informal group usually rides at Blackhawk and the Middleton Bike park on Tuesdays.

Membership is as low as $10/year for students and $20/year for adults.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Great vids!! Thanks for sharing. Madison isn't that far form me, I'm from Brainerd, MN....might have to check these courses out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    Great vids!! Thanks for sharing. Madison isn't that far form me, I'm from Brainerd, MN....might have to check these courses out.
    I suggest signing up on the madcitydirt.com forums before a visit so the bike posse can guide you.

This stuff is not Whistler or Copper Harbor but the riders in the area are doing better all the time. Blackhawk is a private club with 60 meter ski jump so we can do things that would not fly with public lands. Though private it has members who are also active in the IMBA chapter (CORP) and Blackhawk is an IMBA associate club. A bike season membership is only $10 or $20.

The annual Blackhawk Bash fundraiser is 10/7 and a good time to check it out. That day will also have a bike biathlon for anybody who wants to combine shooting guns and bike racing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Awesome, thanks for the info!