Thread: best trails?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

best trails?

What do you believe is the best trail system in WI? A buddy and I want to hit up a place we've never been to for a long weekend, so camping onsite or very close would be nice. Nine mile and standing rocks are places we frequent, but I was thinking of something like levis mounds?
    __ o
    _< \_
    (_)>(_) .

=========
    Camp at the Namekogen Lake , National Forest Campground and ride the Rock Lake and Ojibwee Trails up in the Chequamegon NF.

Or camp at boulder lake and ride Le Roche over in Langlade county.

Or Levis is really a good choice too.....camping at Lake Arbutis

Blue Mound State Park has camping right at the trails and great technically challenging singletrack.

I really enjoy riding the trails that are your home trails. i try to get up there a couple weekends a year.

Post up some pictures from wherever you end up going.

g

mtbr member
    Blue Mounds state park, camping is awesome and by far the most techy and fun trails in Wisconsin. Road trips are great!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    1. Cable/Hayward CAMBA trails are by far my favorite camping and biking weekend in WI.

2. Levis Trow is my second favorite.

one sick puppy
    I vote for Levis trow.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

Bear

Well......

Well I can't sit and watch this discussion without adding another vote for Blue Mound.

Full disclosure means I must come clean and mention that I live a 20 minute rail trail pedal from the trailhead.....oh and I just might have a connection to the local club that builds the trails there

If I had 2+ days to ride I'd head to CAMBA country.

1 day to ride and it's a toss up. Levis, 9-mile, LaCrosse, Blue Mound, you aren't going to go wrong.

In the end.....you'd be silly to skip the chance to ride and camp at Blue Mound!!!!

Bear
    www.madcitydirt.org

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Roche

great camping at the Boulder lake campground, good eats at the Bear paw. Nice beach, showers..... campground is a half mile from the Roche trail. there is a short singletrack within the campground. new trail being built behind the bear paw (they are working on a pumptrack there too).

Some people spend half an hour in a small area just attempting the boulders (lower your seat, don't touch that front brake, use platform pedals).

have fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Of course I'll chime in and have to say Levis Mound...but then i'm the trail builder. Any of those mentioned are great and very different from each other too. Nine mile was my home town trail, and it's like a fast playground in a way-wish I had all that rotten granite to work with on singletrack! CAMBA is nice and cudos for those trail builders! Levis has the Mounds and rock outcroppings and exposure, which we try to take advantage of...oh and you can camp right at the trailhead (running water, hot/cold, indoor bathrooms, picnic tables, firerings and no ATVs! Best wishes and enjoy riding wisconsins best trails!
    s.