mtbr member

Badger State Games move to Fox Cities

http://www.sportsinwisconsin.com/bsgsum/foxcities

we have some great plces to ride and race. no mention on a mtn bike race yet but i'm sure there will be. probably at Calumet County. the road race and crit will be easy to find suitable places for. hope to see some of you there.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

uhhhhhyea
    awesome! Will definitely have to check this out.

Calumet would be kind of a disappointment... I'd *hope* they would go some place like Reforestation (kind of far from the valley though) or even high cliff would be a better choice, if they opened up some of the hiking trails.

mtbr member
    i agree. both paces are better to ride. GB wouldn't be too bad of a drive. High Cliff is run by the demon spawn of the Nazi Party and the Sierra Club (AKA the WI. DNR) and they hate mtn bikes more than they hate loose dogs. and they really hate loose dogs. i've been ticketed there for both activities btw. the thought of a horde of us ascending upon their pristine (and horse **** strewn) trails surely sends chills down mr. bearded ranger mans (who knows him?) spine.
    Calumet is lacking in single track but has a few stiff climbs and fast (albeit short) descents. maybe with a big race like this coming they will allow some single track to be made. they are a family, bike, dog friendly park and i go there a lot. i'll wheel out there this week and see if they have any clue as to what's going on w/BSG's.
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

uhhhhhyea
    Well, if it means adding some local singletrack, even at calumet, then i'm all for it. Hell I'd even help build it if enough people got together.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Bsg

nordic mt just to the west of the valley loves bikes. they have a killer XC course, and a downhill course. that is the place to go. i always thought calumet was the lamest course in WI by a sizable margin, myself.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by T mon T
    nordic mt just to the west of the valley loves bikes. they have a killer XC course, and a downhill course. that is the place to go. i always thought calumet was the lamest course in WI by a sizable margin, myself.
    Hey T, what about Kewaskum? Yes, Calumet is/was lame but Kewaskum surely reviles it in the lame category. I agree though on Nordic MT, that's the place for the games!