• 12-28-2012
    slooowfoot
    Appleton - Art Lecker Park going ahead?
    Anyone know the status of Art Lecker adding MTB trails?
  • 12-28-2012
    dwnhlldav
    Quote:

Originally Posted by slooowfoot View Post
    Anyone know the status of Art Lecker adding MTB trails?

Dude, stop by the shop and I can give you the long version.

The short version is Yes! and it's going to be awesome.

Alpine Bike Parks has been brought in to design the park. They designed the Valmont bike park in Boulder CO (google it, anything close will be awesome). They are working on 3 conceptual plans now that we anticipate being able to see in early January. After a final conceptual plan is picked, they'll go back and do engineering drawings and we have to raise money. The city of Grand Chute has committed a good chunk of change but it's contingent on getting it matched by donations and grants. The goal is to start construction once conditions allow in the spring.
  • 12-28-2012
    slooowfoot
    Great news, will do, hope you had a great Xmas!
  • 01-02-2013
    jjmtb1
    Where can I find out more info in this?
  • 01-03-2013
    dwnhlldav
    Right now, there isn't any more info. More details when they are available.
  • 01-08-2013
    brucs
    Check out facebook.com/alpinebikeparks - we'll be posting project updates here, as well as other relevant information that you might be interested in as it becomes available.

Stoked!
  • 01-08-2013
    slooowfoot
    Fantastic!!!
    That is music to my ears, tired of driving 40 mins each way each time I want to ride.

Any idea on timing to get it built? Are you taking on volunteers?
  • 01-09-2013
    slooowfoot
    If you want to give feedback on plans, here is the meeting list: Doodle: Lecker Park Design Discussion
  • 01-11-2013
    Hiebs915
    There's going to be a park in Appleton?
  • 01-12-2013
    dwnhlldav
    Yes, well technically Grand Chute. More details will be available in the near future.
  • 01-27-2013
    scottvt
    This is great news!
  • 01-31-2013
    dwnhlldav
    Just got the last draft of the conceptual plan and vision document. We should see the publicly presentable version in the very near future. Be excited, be very excited...
  • 01-31-2013
    zeppy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dwnhlldav View Post
    Just got the last draft of the conceptual plan and vision document. We should see the publicly presentable version in the very near future. Be excited, be very excited...

A road trip or 5 may be necessary this summer. If it looks half as awesome as the one in Boulder, I'll be pretty stoked.
  • 05-19-2013
    scottvt
    Any updates? I havent heard a thing in months!
  • 05-20-2013
    Hiebs915
    I'm interested as well...
  • 05-23-2013
    slooowfoot
    Sorry for not keeping this updated. The land was denied for Art Lecker. We are currently looking for a new location. However, the good news is the trail is moving full stream ahead at Riverview Gardens. We are also looking at other locations for land right now. To keep up with what is going on visit (and like) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-V...65143920308420.
  • 05-24-2013
    LPWSales
    Damn...what happened?
  • 06-03-2013
    slooowfoot
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LPWSales View Post
    Damn...what happened?

DNR did not approve it. Looking for a new place now.
  • 06-04-2013
    LPWSales
    Anything possible on the land by New London?
  • 06-08-2013
    dwnhlldav
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LPWSales View Post
    Anything possible on the land by New London?

Since the bike park is a city of Grand Chute project, they are not considering land in New London. Not sure what is going on there, but that's been a rumor since I moved to WI over 5 years ago. I'm not holding my breath...
  • 06-14-2013
    dwnhlldav
    Update: The park commission has made a recommendation on location (I'm not sure if it's public knowledge yet so I'm not going to divulge until I get the okay). Because of the change of venue, the city needs to have some public input sessions with the surrounding neighborhoods. They've asked that anyone in the area who supports the bike park attend the meetings to show support. Once I know the dates, I'll post the info. You can also stay up to date by checking out the newly formed Fox Valley Mountain Bikers, part of the new IMBA chapter, Northeast Wisconsin Trails (NEWT).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fox-V...65143920308420