mtbr member

anyone in the Fox Valley area?

i'm getting back into mtn biking and am hoping to get some miles in before the snow fly's. the weather this week is supposed to be decent. if you can break away and want to ride shoot me a mail. mikepiarulli@hotmail.com
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    I'm in Batavia IL. I dont know if you mean Fox valley as in Geneva, batavia, St chuck, Arurora so on and so on...
    1ST RATE Earnest Borgnine-Ethel Merman erotic nudes!óDANGó Ethel was WAY hairier

mtbr member
    Fox River Valley in NE Wisco. sorry.

mtbr member
    i go to the university of oshkosh, so im up here in the fox cities, what are you looking to ride? downhill, xc, jumps?

if you are looking for xc, there is some up by green bay, brown co restoration camp
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...9_4588crx.aspx

or calimut county park on the eastern side of lake winnabago
    http://www.co.calumet.wi.us/departme...?dept_id=34#81

or if you want some downhill action there are trails at nordic mountain (there are also xc trails there too but ive only ridden part of them) but you might want to call and check to see if they are making snow for the ski season yet
    http://www.nordicmountain.com/

mtbr member
    i know about those areas. i'm more looking to add to the friends that ride base.
    shoot me a pm here with your e-mail and i'll keep in touch.
    i ride xc and will race the WORS and some 24hrs events in 09.

uhhhhhyea
    Reforestation camp is about the best XC ride in the area. High cliff is fun for a quick spin since it's closer to you (used to live in appleton, moved up to green bay). Baird creek is kind of an "all-mountain" place since there's a lot of technical up and down and some brief downhill stuff. Peninsula park has some enjoyable trail riding as well.

mtbr member
    been to reforestation camp a few times. i'd like to get more familiar with Baird Creek. i was there a while back, like a decade ago, and there were moto x bikes running around. does that still happen?

uhhhhhyea
    In the past 2 seasons i've ridden there, I haven't seen or heard of anything motorized. Also a couple years ago they added quite a bit of trail to the east of 172. Problem is mainly that nothing is marked and it's easy to head down a trail that deadends gradually into brush) and over the summer it was SERIOUSLY overgrown. I talked to someone from an organization that appears to be working on the area, and as far as they know nobody really maintains the trails, though the GB park department has been out there re-routing a couple of trails. It's a shame too, since there's a ton of awesome terrain and some work days would do wonders for the place.

mtbr member
    cool. i sold my old stumper to a dude that knows the area well yesterday. i'm going to keep in touch with him and get to know the trails there. thanks for the info.
    pm me with your e-mail address and i'll add you to my cycling list.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I live in Appleton. Best spot close to home is the Reforestation Camp. Don't waste your time with Calumet or High Cliff in my opinion. A little less than an hour west is Standing Rocks, which is an excellent trail.

mtbr member
    Calumet is a good workout but not very fun. High Cliff used to have some nice "hiking only" trails that i used to poach. they may be overgrown. you are spot on about the other 2. i used to go to Hartmans Creek in Waupaca a lot also.
    pm me your e-mail and i'll add you to my ride list. i'll be riding alot in the spring.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I am in Green Bay and I ride Bairds Creek all the time. It's a little cooler now days and I don't get out as much as I did in the summer.

mtbr member
    I'm still riding a lot. Rode Standing Rocks, Nine Mile, Smokin' Spoke, and the Camp this past week. Shoot me a PM if you want to hit the camp sometime. I'm an unemployed student, so my ride time is pretty open right now

I'm in GB

mtbr member
    i poached High Cliff Sun AM with my unleashed dog. we broke many rules but wtf. i'll ride till it snows. pm me your e-mail and i'll keep in touch.

mtbr member
    Edit: Forgot to add this is my first Fall here. We moved to the area a week before it started snowing last year.

So where can we ride after hunting season starts? I've been mainly riding Standing Rocks and it looks like it closes this weekend.

I let the pooch off the leash at Standing Rocks. I've only ever seen one dude. He works as a contractor for the parks department taking down diseased pine trees. Thought it was pretty cool that the dog ran with me.

I'm in Neenah. When I a am not traveling for work I work from home so am pretty flexible on ride times. Blowing off the morning tomorrow to go to Standing Rocks.
    Last edited by dwnhlldav; 11-10-2008 at 12:59 PM.

mtbr member
    9am at the camp tomorrow. Red VW's in the parking lot

uhhhhhyea
    I've ridden all over high cliff in places where bikes aren't "supposed" to be- but the trail marking's such a mess you don't really know if you're riding the hiking trails until you've been on them for a while.

Roc
    mtbr member
    I live in Oshkosh, 20 minutes South of Appleton, Oshkosh is one of the flattest places on the planet, Green Bush in the Northern Kettles is the closest place for me to ride, about 40 minutes South. I used to hate Green Bush because it was all double track built for XC skiers, but in the last two years a lot really nice Single track has been built ( I believe with the help of IMBA) But anywho, I am now I'm Loving Green Bush! Rumor has it even more Single Track will be added next year

My pics are pretty lame, but I hate stopping.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    cool pics. good to hear from you guys. shoot me your e-mail address and we'll ride the wheels off these when spring gets here.
    here is my supafly.

uhhhhhyea
    Nice rigs! Went down to greenbush this past summer, I was pretty impressed with the singletrack there. Here's a shot of my ibex @ baird (replaced the fork with a black marz. all mountain since then)

mtbr member
    Great pic. Before I even read I was thinking "Baird..."

here's a handlebar shot of my HKEK at the Camp during some good colors this season

*note. Lost my computer on this ride. Took a slip through some leaves and lost a thing or two goin' otb :P

uhhhhhyea
    Forgot to mention there's a small but fun general use trail in combined locks, with kind of a hidden entrance right off the CE trail. Haven't ridden there in a while, It has some nice creek crossings (trail goes right through the water) and a few other cool features. Seems like a good place to train if it's near by... used to live a short ride from it.

Last time I was there, there seemed to be some kind of addition going on... anyone ever ride there?

mtbr member
    I used to live in Fond du Lac up until this summer. Calumet county park is a waste of time. A little south down 151 is Kiekhafer park off of Kiekhafer Rd. Those trails arent too bad, they get overgrown in the summer, but they should be fine now. Not marked really well though, kind of a labyrinth. Standng rocks in Amherst is always a good time. The newish singletrack in the north Kettle trails at Greenbush is well worth the drive, that was my twice a week ride. Really flowly tight singletrack. Glacier ridge park or whatever its called in West Bend is really good too, not marked that well either, but some nice descents and tech sections.