Not Period Correct
    Jul 2008

any trails in SE wisconsin rideable?

having just finished a new set of winter wheels, i thought i would take a ride last night on the menomonee river parkway trails in wauwatosa only to find them completely unrideable. they were complete ice. anyone been riding around here in this part of the state on rideable trails?

=========
    Your gonna need studded tires to ride anything around here.

Not Period Correct
    Jul 2008
    yeah, but i dont think studs are going to help out on those trails. they are so cratered from people walking the trails that it would be almost impossible not to have the tires slipping into the ruts, studs or not.

so im guessing that everything is as iced as tosa....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've been riding my local trails in Kenosha with and without studs (much better with). The deeply cratered iced hiker sections are rideable with studs, it's just a really rough bumpy ride and very slow going. Without studs, I walked just about anything that looked like hard ice. The recent light snow helped to smooth things out a little bit, but it also hides the ice, so I wouldn't go out without studs right now.
    Looks like that's all going to change tomorrow though (more snow in the forecast).
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.