mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Any riding by Milwaukee?

I'm here doing some trainning in Waukesha, Wi. and would like to have a ride this Thursday afternoon. Are there any local trails other than John Muir that are easily driven to and fun to ride. I brought my XC full susser with me and rode John M. this past weekend so I want to ride a different trail this week. Are there any local group rides to attend this Wed. or Thursday? Anyone out there riding this Thursday? Thanks guys and gals.

Gt Jorgito

hummm
    Did you ride the connector trail to Emma Carlin? If not then I would suggest that. Here is a good link about the Southern Kettles http://my.execpc.com/~jwamser/KettleSouth.html

Cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    No, well, I don't know. I went by myself and eventually a local was nice enough to let me try and stick to his rear wheel. We ended up riding out of J.M. and crossed a street into another trail which led through two horse trail crossings and ended up at this amazing overlook with a bench. I'm jealous of the scenery you guys have. Oklahoma has a few, but nothing with the fall colors you have right now. We then went back towards J.M. We also don't have those pine trees. The whole ride was one heck of an experience. I'll be back next year and I'm bringing my camera this time. Thanks for the link. It was really helpful in figuring out where I was riding. Do you have to pay for parking at Emma Carlin? I don't mind the trail fee but I ended up having to pay almost $20 for a 2 hour ride. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's going to a great cause but it just put a dent in my riding since I can't afford to go and do it again now. I wouldn't mind if I could have ridden it a couple more times. Anyways, enough rambling, that trail was pretty awesome riding. And to the guy who let me ride with him, Thanks a million bro. It's guys like him that make our sport that much better.

GT Jorgito

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Dang it! I bet this is too late, but if not (or if you'll be back to the area), try Crystal Ridge in Franklin. It's free and it rocks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hey thanks, Crystal Ridge looks pretty good. Yeah, I'm back in Oklahoma but I'll be going to Millwaukee a few times next year so I'll check it out then.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gt jorgito
    "well, I don't know...ended up riding out of J.M. and crossed a street into another trail which led through two horse trail crossings and ended up at this amazing overlook with a bench.
    Yup, sounds like you took the connector over to EC. Did you ride the loop over there as well? Pound the JM outer-loop coupled with the connector and the EC loop and its a good ride. Couple of good climbs at that point that will make you dig deep. Casual ride back after that and...not a bad ride ovrall (if your old like me).