Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any good winter riding near Minneapolis in Dec?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CRogge 
#1 ·
I'm headed up to Elk River this week (Dec 1-5) for work and may have some time to get in a ride if conditions are good. Around Kansas, when the trails are wet, I ride them in the morning while they are still frozen, so I assume that is what you all do up there too. So, are your trails good for winter riding? If so, does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks!

Chris

Some winter passion for ya:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
In general, the trails have just been reported to be sufficiently frozen for riding today. Check the morc website for day to day updates, but the weather doesn't look like it will thaw in the next 5 days (and a good chance the next months too :). Snowing a little bit as I write.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the input, guys! I brought my bike and gear with me, but the only chance I had to ride was Thursday night, which was no big deal (I had my light), except for the fact that it was supposed to get down to 8 degrees that night. If I was familiar with the trail, I would have ridden, but it was just too risky. One slip in the snow and I could have been in real trouble. I'm back in Lawrence today and I'm gonna' go ride at Clinton Lake in a T-shirt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.