mtbr member
    Jul 2009

4x racing/dirt jumping

I am curious if anyone knows of any 4x courses around WI/MN...I live in the eau claire area but i'm willing to drive. Also does anyone know of any good spots for dirt jumping?? I just built up a Giant STP and would like to try a few different things. Thanks

I need skills
    Jul 2004

we traveled here today.

three jump lines with roll-ins, two teeters, half a pumptrack, and four skilled local riders were all in place today. lots of fun, we need lots of practice. Very cool place.

Stoughton Bike Park

Published by bmmullen under Uncategorized

Mongoose Bikes, Schaefer Tracks and the City of Stoughton,WI have teamed up to build an all inclusive bike park to serve the greater Madsion, WI area. Located on the south side of Stoughton in an area called the Mel Bakke Bike Park the facility has been 3 years in the making. Originally the City had allocated the land for bikes because BMX riders were riding the local skateboard park. The first portion of construction began in 2007 and involved pouring a concrete slab and building a series of wood ramps. Adjacent to the ramps sat roughly 2 acres of open dirt area which was never developed until recently when Mongoose and Schaefer Tracks teamed up to aid the City in the building of proper dirt jumps, a pump track and a skills park using 400+ cubic yards of dirt. The bike park is not fully completed, but well underway and should be done this summer. The design is meant to have something for BMX and MTB at all skill levels making it a true bike park and not just a BMX park.

The City of Stoughton has run out of funding for the bike park and all the work provided by Mongoose Bikes and Schaefer Tracks was pro-bono with the aid of local volunteers. Much more is needed to make the bike park the best it can be as well as maintain it into the future. Anyone interested in making a contribution of money or materials should contact Brian Baldis at baldis44@yahoo.com. More work dates will be arranged in the near future to complete the pump track and skills area. Signs will posted on the park gate with work dates and times as well as on the bike park portion of the City of Stoughton web page. Directions from Madison: Take 51 south off the Beltline to Stoughton. Turn right on Page st. Go a couple blocks and look for a park on the right after a 4 way stop.

Stouhgton Bike Park 2phpL6d8PI

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sounds sweet! now I just have to find a chance and a buddy to drive down....It's a three hour drive for me from Eau Claire so. Thanks for the write back though i'm def gonna try and make it down there and help out with some building!