mtbr member

2009 riding season plans?

it's quiet here so let's look fwd to the future. snowmelt, longer days, that 1st day in the 40's, taking the beater SS bike out on the 1st spring ride.
    what are you guys doing over the winter to get ready? my ride is right, tight and ready to fight.
    i'm going to commence a new SS project once i find a suitable (read CHEAP) frame to start with.
    i'm reconnecting with all my old mtn bike buds and telling them to dust their stuff off and get ready.
    training harder than ever at the gym to get lean/light and downsize the muscle mass i built after 3 yrs of racing supermoto.
    planning to revive the Thursday nite ride at Calumet so we can bbq, play with kids/dogs/wives and ride of course.
    what are you doin?
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member

Plans

I'm working on my conditioning on the trainer. 4x per week, @40 min, plus one longer ride on the weekend.

Found some cheap rims at the Madison swap meet last weekend, now I need to get busy and build new wheels for my beater road bike so I can get out on the road when the weather permits.

I located instructions for replacing the seals on my Marzocchi fork, but I have to evaluate the special tool requirements. At a glance it looks like I can do it, but I don't want to be shipping a box of parts to the factory!

I'm working on finding where we (CORP bike club) can re-route some washed out sections of trail at Blue Mound State Park. The heavy snow has put a damper on the field work, but I can work on putting together some improved maps from the GPS data I have collected, and I have a lead on a place to apply for funding. I can also set up a meeting with the park manager and get an idea if he likes my ideas or not. He's generally in favor of the re-routes, but always needs a specific proposal before he will aprove.

If you are near Calumet mikeinwi, the warm weather will get to your area before it hits here in south central Wisconsin.

Walt

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

explore different trails

I can't really afford to go out west so I plan to stay in Wisconsin. I have ridden Rock Lake and Namakogen and enjoyed the area. I plan to camp 3-4 days somewhere near there and explore more of the Chequamegon clusters. Frequent short trips to Levis, Blue Mound, Standing Rocks, 9 mile, HPT, Sidie Hollow and strategic lodging allows a group of riders to combine trails systems and never get bored over a 2-3 day period. We are lucky to have so many nice trails in Wisconsin. Right now it is zero out and just thinking about a trip is nice.

mtbr member
    I'm in N/E Wisco, Menasha specifically. The Calumet i was referring to is Calumet Co. Park in Stockbridge. Nothing fancy but close, dog and kid friendly and a few good steep climbs.

would love to get out of here and go someplace warm but if i do it will be an all inclusive with the wife. not that i'm complaining...
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly 29'er

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    im goin to the sea otter to race.
    then wors, wems, I-74 series, iceman, and the chicross cup series.

goin to be a busy year.

Witty McWitterson
    My plans [that are ready to destroyed] are pretty simple. Build trails(won't be destoryed), ride a bunch (will happen) and race a bit (stands a chance of not happening), take some cool pictures and submit 'em for publication.
    Just a regular guy.