mtbr member
    Dec 2008

2009 Marquette Mountain Bike Park

The countdown to opening day for the Marquette Mountain Bike Park has begun. Season passes are on sale, $99 until June 15 and $129 after that. Daily Lift tickets will be $25. Schedule is at www.marquettemountain.com and you can also buy season passes online there. Grand Opening is Friday, June 26th and will double as early Superior Bike Fest Downhill practice. See you out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning on coming up to Marquette in June to ride, but hadn't chosen a date yet. I know it'll be end of the month now

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

New Trail In the Works...

We are hashing out the final details of having a true professionally built trail at the Marquette Mountain Bike Park. World Famous Trail Builder Ted Tempany and Quick Stop Bike Shop are working on the final details of a project to bring Flowing Whistler style trails to the Great Lakes Region. The plan is for a trail with flowing berms and rollable features, tabletops, step ups, ect. Ted is responsible for building famous trails all over the world, riding features for bike films like the NWD series and competition venues such as Crankworx, Bike Magazine Monster Park, and Red Bull Rampage the Evolution. He was also featured as a builder in the latest Collective film "SEASONS"

To help pay for the construction, Quick Stop Bike Shop is Raffling off a Gary Fisher Wingra city bike. Perfect for commuting and ripping around town. $5 gets you a ticket and the proceeds go to building something great to ride. You might win a bike and your support will help bring a great riding experience to the region. Ticket is drawn July 10 and winner will be notified by e-mail.

http://quickstopbike.blogspot.com/20...a-for-500.html

mtbr member
    I'll pick up a few tickets when I visit on Monday. I'm very excited to be able to spend a few days in your backyard. It sounds like I will have to come back up again soon. What is the schedule for the trail build/completion?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    If everything works out right we are looking at a two week build to start in July sometime. Likely early July. As we speak Ted is building something ridiculous for Cam McCaul for NWD 10. We were working on getting our project going when he finishes "Canyon" McCaul's setup.

mtbr member
    I was up for opening day and didn't realize you were gonna be closed on Sat., makes sense though seeing how there was a DH race going on. Didn't really care about the bike in the raffle, but wanted to donate some $$$ so Tedward Shovelhands can get to work. Can't wait for the new trail, I need some new footage for the helmet cam.