mtbr member
    Sep 2006

2009 Brown County Breakdown (Indiana)

Registration is now open for the 5th Annual Brown County Breakdown!

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=9062

Early Bird fee is $50. Prices increase to $65 on Sept 1st. Onsite registration will be available the weekend of the event for $80.

Go to http://www.browncountybreakdown.com for up to date information and Event FAQ's.

For more info on the trails at Brown County State Park and the surrounding area, go to www.browncountymountainbiking.com
    Last edited by thines; 07-22-2009 at 10:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Had me for a minute there. I live in Brown County, WI :P

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock
    Had me for a minute there. I live in Brown County, WI :P

Hey there wheelock...

You should still check out this event. This is held annually at Brown County State Park in Nashville, IN. Bike Magazine recently listed us as one of the top 33 trails in North America! This is a fantastic excuse to come ride these trails.

Check out www.browncountymountainbiking.com for more info on the trail system.

~Cheers
    Tania

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I travel from Madison to Indiana once or twice a year for the soul purpose of riding these trails. Best trail system I've ever seen, perfectly created and maintained singletrack of all difficulties, epic amounts of well-signed and easy to find trails. Breathtaking views! Add in the fall colors and the Breakdown is a top notch event!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I thought this was a WI/MN forum...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by inteq9
    I thought this was a WI/MN forum...
    Gotta let you guys know about our great trails here in Indiana! Only 2 weeks left for Early Bird registration. Cost is only $50! Prices go up to $65 on Sept 1.

Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for more info and a link to register!

Latest issue of Dirt Rag (#144) has a great write up on Brown County...

"A mastery of the topography of the area, combined with the guidance of IMBA, has resulted in quite literally some of the most epic singletrack I have ever ridden anywhere. You’ll forget that you are in the Midwest, as the trails in Brown County resemble hot spots such as Brevard, NC, or the entire state of West Virginia."

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    We've reached 120+ pre-registered riders! That is a really good number for this far in. Way more than in years past.

www.browncountybreakdown.com

The early bird $50 price ends at the end of the day on Monday, August 31. Please help us out by getting your friends and acquaintances to sign up. Send an email, make a phone call, send a Tweet or a Facebook message, blog about it, post about it, text someone...whatever your preferred means of communication...just let people know about this event and get them to sign up. Do it right now!

We don't have a big marketing budget. We've always primarily relied on gorilla marketing and word of mouth. Do your part to help us out. The more participants we have, the more fun we have and we raise more money to build MORE trails.

Also, on-site camping WILL fill up this year. Make sure you are signed up. Once it's full, it's full. There will be a campground "gate" this year, and we will have folks checking for camping registrations to get into the camping area.

We have a few more surprises up our sleeves for this year's event. More details to come soon!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What a start! Over 300 early bird registrations this year! Men, women and kids (ages 7 to 67) have signed up for this event, coming from 11 different states.

Be sure to join us on Saturday for tons of mountain biking fun. There will be bike and product demos from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the main mountain bike parking lot.

This is a family-friendly event and we want to encourage the kids to come along. This year we have added a child non-participant hogroast ticket. Kids age 6 to 12 can join in for just $10. 5 and under are free. Don't forget that kids 10 and under can join in the camping free of charge as well! Camping and hogroast tickets can be purchased from the registration site.

Keep an eye on the event website as we continue to add to our list of demo participants as well as other great updates. We still have plenty of surprises up our sleeves! Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for more information and a link to register.

See you at the Breakdown!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Still looking for a reason to do the Breakdown? How's this for extra incentive...

Upland Brewery is now a proud sponsor of the 5th Annual Brown County Breakdown. For our 21 and over guests, join us on Saturday evening for FREE BEER at the Start/Finish area! Beer will be served from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.... or at least until the kegs run out!
    Enjoy the demos and then come on over. Parking at the Start/Finish area will be reserved for those who are camping on Saturday, but the beer is for all (who are old enough) to enjoy. Be sure to bring your ID with you... yes, we will be checking!

Spaces are still available for tent and RV camping at the Start/Finish. All campers must pre-register and pre-pay prior to the event. NO EXCEPTIONS. Camping will fill this year, so be sure to sign up soon! Remember this is a family-friendly event, so bring the kids. The cost for participants and family members is only $10 per person (kids 10 years of age or younger are free). This year we have also added a non-participant child's hogroast ticket. Kids 6-12 can now join in the festivities for $10. Kids 5 and under are free. Camping and additional hogroast tickets can be purchased on the event registration site.

Go to www.browncountybreakdown.com for a link!

Stay tuned for more updates!