LCW
    mtbr member

[MN] Movil Maze trail near Bemidji

Per a buddy's suggestion, I went and rode the Movil Maze trail near Bemidji. Was sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a super fun trail! Very flowy. Not super fast, but not the slowest. Outstanding dirt - was nice and tacky too when I was there. There a few ladder bridge features, with bypasses.

Not very long, maybe 6 miles (?) for the singletrack (red and blue loops). I looped it twice. Ran into the trail builder. Super nice dude. He said he's planning to add another 5 miles.

In any case, it's not Cuyuna, but it's still a great trail, that I don't think too many folks know about. Definitely recommend to anyone that's near that area.

2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    thanks for posting this. I am going to be in the area for a few weeks this summer and will have my bike with me for the first time in 5 years. stoked to ride that trail.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Excellent! I'm originally from that area and have been wondering what to ride when I'm back visiting my parents in the summer. I rode 10 miles or so of the NCT - North Country Trail last summer which I probably wasn't supposed to do since it's for hiking. Thanks for posting the pictures, looks like a lot of fun!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the great pics. Nice looking ride too!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm going to be in the area starting this Saturday and will be leaving on Wed the 4th. Anyone up for a ride at Movil during that time? I'll be going a little slower due to a recent hernia surgery but am excited to try Movil.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Looks awesome, I will have to check it out the next time I go up to the lake. I think we should start a movement to open the North Country Trail to mountain bikes. You could ride from Michigan to North Dakota on it!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Came down with a stomach bug the day I was going to try out Movil. It's for the better though since I probably would have been tempted to ride it aggressively which is definitely not what my hernia repair surgeon advised.

Maybe next summer...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Whats the weather and trail conditions been like up der? Its hot and dry as the dickens over yon, but up nort, dey been gettin rain like nobody's business, donchaknow. I'll be in Bemidji Aug 3-11 and plan on doing some riding while the fam does.... whatever.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    you might be able to find some updated trail info on the forums here: Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists

they don't have a dedicated thread for Movil in the Trail conditions section...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan View Post
    Whats the weather and trail conditions been like up der? Its hot and dry as the dickens over yon, but up nort, dey been gettin rain like nobody's business, donchaknow. I'll be in Bemidji Aug 3-11 and plan on doing some riding while the fam does.... whatever.
    Depending on how you will be getting to Bemidji, you might want to check out Cuyuna.

As to finding our more about Movil maze, try Bemidji Minnesota Family Vacation - Hotels - Motels - Resorts - VCB

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Wow, looks like a great trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Didnt do so well on the log ride