Thread: Wow Devou Park!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Wow Devou Park!

Devou Park has stepped it's game up with the runoffs from the main loop. The Trail Devou-lution is pretty killer and I rode Train Surfer today and that was a lot of fun as well.

Climbing to the top is a burn, but you can blow through the loop with ease.

Great job to the guys who build all that trail.

Two Wheeled Terror

Re: Wow Devou Park!

This is in nky right? I will be going there for Thanksgiving this year. Maybe I will bring my bike if its the same park I'm thinking of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah it is, and I would definitely recommend to check it out.

Two Wheeled Terror

I will check the weather out before I drive home from Cali and see if I should even attempt it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have been there a few times and it is great. The one mile climb kills me, I cant make it without stopping. But, the new spins are awesome.

Two Wheeled Terror

I remember the hill getting into devou. Its a pretty good climb. It tried to kill my Toyota tercel back in the day Lol.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I have climb the hill to the top a few different ways, and the train surfer trail going up is pretty killer in the last .25 mile or so. The incinerator trail up is pretty consistent on altitude gain, but it is still a pain to climb. Once your to the top, the loop is pretty fun in any direction. You get more jumps and stuff going clockwise, but you can get some killer speed going CCW on the loop. I have been meaning to ride Pig's Tale down as I have heard that is a pretty cool trail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    They really have stepped up huge!! I thought the incinerator and loop were bad ass, now with all the new stuff, it makes them seem rather bland!! The trail they opened up last year across the street is killer and the back bowl is just nasty!!!

The pigs tale is pretty cool.... It's just short. It's fun to bomb down it, hit the surfer and climb up the south end of back bowl!

I'm just amazed at the rock work!! It's top notch!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Devou again today and by far most traffic I have seen. I go train surfer up(3-4 stops sucking wind, but I'm working on it), then bowl to the bates trail loop and back down the pig tail. Scared myself a few times in my slow to bomb version on that pig. Noob borderline ragdoll potential. Man if that's not a tee shirt I am going to make one. No wreck thou! wahoo
    Any other people here not in great shape? I'd like to run it with somebody...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I created a Devou trail in the Trail section for KY. Would appreciate it if some of you riders would post some details. Thanks

Two Wheeled Terror

I saw the trails on the web site. Great idea and you couldn't pick a better locale for nky. Can't wait to ride them....even if it will be in November.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Trails today were in great shape. Couple sticky spots on the bates loop. Rode all the trails today early, no crashes!
    Incinerator> bates-loop counterclock full lap then all way to , the "back" back bowl downhill, all way back to loop, clockwise to pig tail downhill, surfer>bowl again>bates to downhill devo-lution, surfer>incinerator out wahooo around 8.3miles. Took me around 1hr22min, due to lack of conditioning.
    First time on the downhill trail, wow I bet some guys can get some serious speed. I was on brakes to keep from getting hurt as I was solo and first time. There was one serious switchback that from the gound up seemed like it was 10-12ft high. The bottom was sticky mud with tire tracks, I stayed high in turn somehow.
    Both the Pig Tail and the Devo are each only about .5miles FYI
    I can honestly say that for the first time I was feeling pretty good with my bike on the downhills trying to manage speed without braking just for fear. Starting to get some groove going. Almost "OTB" on the pig tail at the switchback, little jacked up and grabbed some front back accidently, close call.
    Reason for all the info was to show how much there is, and any other new riders care to join me, just speak up.

It's all ball bearings
    Rode last Sunday and will be back as soon as I can (maybe tomorrow am early). The Back bowl is unreal, as are the other off shoots. Great overall combination of climbing to get the workout in and high speed flowy stuff to put a smile on your face and get your adrenaline pumping. These guys are doing awesome things here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

back bowl

the backbowl, I can not get up without walking some either direction. Going up clockwise there is a 2 step rock almost at trail intersections, not to steep, but just totally gassed and fail, walk it to top.
    I may be there in morning also before the heat cranks.

Quote Originally Posted by gopriest31 View Post
    Rode last Sunday and will be back as soon as I can (maybe tomorrow am early). The Back bowl is unreal, as are the other off shoots. Great overall combination of climbing to get the workout in and high speed flowy stuff to put a smile on your face and get your adrenaline pumping. These guys are doing awesome things here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Friday morning, I was the last of the morning people to show up. Some Bikers leaving as well as runners. By time I got on my bike, only one car was left, a van. Anyway, trails were in awesome shape! I did cross paths with one biker during my trail runs.
    Almost went off the Devo-tion trail as I was braking in fear and fixated on a big tree, lol.
    All trails clear, Enjoy