Neg reppers r my biatches

Worth bringing bike to Chicago?

and if so, what type of bike?

headed to a rather big conference end of May, begin June, so nobody will miss me if i take a ride or two......checking to see if I should bring a bike along

mtbr member
    Road bike is good for the lakefront path (but will be crowded with walkers, runners, and roller bladers). Lots of bike lanes as well around the city. Try www.chibikefed.org for a map.

www.cambr.org will point you to the off road options. Palos is the best IMO but its 30-40 minutes out of the city by car.

Quote Originally Posted by sgrady11
    Road bike is good for the lakefront path (but will be crowded with walkers, runners, and roller bladers). Lots of bike lanes as well around the city. Try www.chibikefed.org for a map.

www.cambr.org will point you to the off road options. Palos is the best IMO but its 30-40 minutes out of the city by car.
    appreciate the feedback....hmmm...i dont have a roadbike but that certainly makes sense. 30-40 minutes is a bit much considering i didnt plan on renting a car....perhaps i will just drink heavily and eat too much instead

mtbr member

Mountain bikes are city friendly too...

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    appreciate the feedback....hmmm...i dont have a roadbike but that certainly makes sense. 30-40 minutes is a bit much considering i didnt plan on renting a car....perhaps i will just drink heavily and eat too much instead

you could always rock the MTB on pavement. Chicago is a great city for bike exploring.

If you are there on the last Friday of May, you can hit CCM as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sgrady11
    you could always rock the MTB on pavement. Chicago is a great city for bike exploring.

If you are there on the last Friday of May, you can hit CCM as well.
    hmm...what is CCM?

mtbr member

Chicago Critical Mass

hmm...what is CCM?

http://chicagocriticalmass.org/

Meet at Daley Plaza in the loop, 5:30 PM last Friday of every month.

The May ride should be the first big ride of the season...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sure, why not! Better than taking cabs everywhere. The lakefront trail's not too bad really early in the am. It's really pretty!

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    For ya Fo the answer is obvious - http://www.citysegwaytours.com/

Check out CAMBR for info on local dirt and if any local rides are possible. So what brings you to the windy city? Aren't you normally a So Cal local?

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

Quote Originally Posted by JmZ
    For ya Fo the answer is obvious - http://www.citysegwaytours.com/

Check out CAMBR for info on local dirt and if any local rides are possible. So what brings you to the windy city? Aren't you normally a So Cal local?

JmZ
    i am a SoCal boy, born and raised (unlike most out here).....i have an annual meeting that starts at the beginning of june that i generally attend. i just realized i may not be able to stay through the whole meeting but will at least come for part i think.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    We have plenty of single track to keep any rider happy
    fast flowy, tight technical choose your poison, sorry no downhill all relatively flat

Scandalous

CCM is...

CCM to the boys you are surounded by at work means.... Canadien Cycle and Motor. Who knows what it means in Cicagonian... but does it really matter. Reek havoc on Chicago with the El Comandante. Urban assult X$#%

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i am a SoCal boy, born and raised (unlike most out here).....i have an annual meeting that starts at the beginning of june that i generally attend. i just realized i may not be able to stay through the whole meeting but will at least come for part i think.
    Fo-

What we have is great by our standards, but might be a slight downer to you. Trails are 45minutes outside of downtown off of I-55. Like others have said check out CAMBR site.

I you want a partner in crime I have a fairly flexible schedule during the week. Anything for the Shizzle. Word on the street is that you actually do not even own a bike? Are you bringing one or are you gonna demo a glorious steed from one of our many fine shops?

By the time you are in town the trails should be fairly dry and ready to go. Let me know.

Rob

Custom User Title
    Yes to what most said. There are two shops that I know will let you demo high end bikes. End of May the trails should be in great shape. Bring it if you have it if not go to ......yes you guessed it.......www.cambr.org and post up there. You might just get a hook up. At the least you'll find a ride to the trails and a tour.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

Scandalous
    "Anything for the Shizzle. Word on the street is that you actually do not even own a bike?"

No, not going to happen. Fo is going to reem the state with his super powered Ventana. You see, here in So Cal we ride good bikes. Your suggestions of renting a bike will not suffice for the Shizzle.