mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Winona Lake Trail Conditions 2012

Trails were overall excellent this weekend. The park has been busy all week with the beautiful weather, go ride.

Field trail and Wagner were closed, it will take them longer to dry out. Sweet Darling loop had some mud at the bottom. There were also some soft spots on the loop on the North side of the big bridge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just got back from a lap on my cross bike, Field Trail was open today. Wagner / Patience was still closed. Everything else was in great shape, with minimal mud and soft spots.

mtbr member
    Wagoner's was reopened and today the rains came. Sigh. Can't complain too much for March!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    yea :-/ I was actually wanting to go to Winona Saturday...oh well. I will test out Franke Sunday instead.
    2012 Scott Spark 29 Team
    2013 Scott Scale 970
    2011 Scott Speedster S20
    1999 Specialized FSR Comp

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I got back from Bloomington around 2 this afternoon and it has been raining here in Fort Wayne all day. Depending on what happens tomorrow, you might be better off riding at Winona on Sunday. It's a hard call tonight, but the soil at Winona dries out much quicker than Franke Park.

mtbr member
    Winona sounds to be in great shape. Trail work was done on Saturday with I think 5 new bridges over some of the consistently wet spots. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but what I'm hearing sounds pretty positive.

mtbr member
    Rode Winona last night. It's perfect. Go ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    Winona sounds to be in great shape. Trail work was done on Saturday with I think 5 new bridges over some of the consistently wet spots. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet but what I'm hearing sounds pretty positive.
    Good to know. If I don't make it out tomorrow, I'll ride Saturday or Sunday weather permitting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    anyone out today? might roll out there today if it is still good. At Franke now for a quick test.

EDIT: Dumb question lol. Franke was mostly good minus a few spots.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Winona was perfect today, i rode about 16.6 miles mostly on the hardtail. I like the mods they did in the muddy section, especially in that one left turn that got pretty nasty end of last year. That place really wears me down on the hardtail though :-/ I brought the FSR for some relief heh.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Went for the first time and I can't wait to go back! Quite a few people out on the trails today.

mtbr member
    As an alternative to Winona, Morsche's Park in Columbia City is in excellent shape right now with only a couple of tacky spots on the north side.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hows Winona doing after all this rain?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Winona was gorgeous today. Perfect temperature, perfect amount of moisture on 95% of the trails. A few small slick spots along Wagner / Patience and by the camel hump, but nothing bad. On top of all that there are little purple and white flowers blooming with swarms of butterflies along the field trail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    How are the trails today after all the rain? Anyone been out?>

EDIT: They were very nice and a lil more tacky from the rain. I'm still learning how rain (and how much) affects the trails.
    Last edited by zephxiii; 06-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.