mtbr member
    May 2011

White River Valley Trail near Branson

Heading to table rock lake with the family the week after the 4th of July. I taking some time to go hit this trail and was curious on people opinion of it. From what I can read/youtube its seem to have a decent amount of rocks so I'll be bringing my full suspension bike.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    It is a great trail. A good balance of ups and downs, nice single track and yes, rocks. I would suggest a FS bike and plenty of water as it will be hot. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    It's a great trail system, and well marked. I rode them last year on 4th of July week. I rode my hardtail, and it didn't beat me up too bad, but it probably would have been better on a FS. I'm about 5 hours away and have considered driving down there for a day just to ride them again.

mtbr member
    I rode this trail system in August last year. I really enjoyed it, but I'm fairly new to mountain biking and haven't ridden a lot of different trails. I don't remember it being extremely technical. A lot of fast, flowing single-track.

I put some pictures up on Google+ if you're interested. You should be able to get to them with this link.

Who is John Galt?
    Fantastic trails and you can camp at the State Park. It's a series of loops with connector trails, so you can make whatever length ride you want. I have ridden it on both a hard tail and full suspension, actually like the hardtail because there are some killer climbs. There are rocks but nothing too techie. There's a short vid on my Vimeo site, check it out here: https://vimeo.com/user7404862/videos Afterwards cross the dam and turn right for some good BBQ at Dana's.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the pics and vids, really helps to kinda know what I'm getting myself into. Are the different trails pretty well marked?

Who is John Galt?
    Yes, you can't miss them. One thing I found confusing at first, each trail is a loop, and there is a connector in the middle that lets you cut the loop in half or change directions. So think of it as a series of circles with a trail across the middle and another trail taking off to link you to the next loop. All of the connectors are marked as such. And each loop has a different color. There's a sign at the trailhead that will give you a great overview. Enjoy!
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    sweet! Taking a mini vacation down there so I'm stoked to ride some new trails!

mtbr member
    Full suspension isn't really needed as much unless your hardtail is a 26"

Other areas of interest would be Busiek and if you want to do some trail work I would recommend going to Two Rivers. If you do some volunteer work on the trail you can ride it. Hands down the best trail in the area.
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

mtbr member
    Rode a few weeks ago and am going back this weekend.

Tackled it on my steel single speed. Not bad, but I wish I had a bigger rear cog!!

Rode: red, blue, and green.
    IMO, red is the all around best. Blue has some CLIMBS!! Could be a different story if I had some gears, though!

I had a blast and can't wait to go back!!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    anywhere I can find a map at all? From what I've read and seen online I think 650b FS will be great here! Climbing sucks but part of the game so I'm not too worried about it but yeah without extra gears I'm sure it sucked.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxtremec View Post
    anywhere I can find a map at all? From what I've read and seen online I think 650b FS will be great here! Climbing sucks but part of the game so I'm not too worried about it but yeah without extra gears I'm sure it sucked.
    You can find a map here:
    Park Trails | Missouri State Parks

Who is John Galt?
    Rode there tonight. It was hot but temp dropped 20 degrees once in the woods. It's in great shape, forgot just how much fun this trail is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White River Valley Trail  near Branson-575-wrv-trail.jpg  

What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Rode Saturday and Sunday! I really do love this trail!!

Only did the red loop, but it was tons of fun. Lots of box turtles!

I will say that when rode clockwise, the final 3-4 switchbacks are a killer with a single speed!!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member

Re: White River Valley Trail near Branson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
    Rode there tonight. It was hot but temp dropped 20 degrees once in the woods. It's in great shape, forgot just how much fun this trail is.
    Wait till you ride Two Rivers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I was there just this past Saturday and it is a really nice trail system. Pretty nice to have this gem right there close to town to get your trail fix on in the midst of all the other things to do. Definitely worth bringing the bike to town.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.