LCA
    Local Shop Abuser
    Apr 2009

Wheaton Il Trial and urban riders?

Hey all I recently got a new blk mrkt and have been practicing a bit on it but would like to find some other trials, urban and free riders in or around the wheaton il area. If your anywhere near Wheaton then shoot me a reply so we can get together soon.

Professional Troll
    There are a lot of grom riders in Wheaton. Not too many FR people left there. Although theres plenty of stuff to hit, I can help you out if you need ideas . Go to the plainfield bike park, you'll meet plenty of people to ride with in the DuPage area there.

LCA
    Local Shop Abuser
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05
    There are a lot of grom riders in Wheaton. Not too many FR people left there. Although theres plenty of stuff to hit, I can help you out if you need ideas . Go to the plainfield bike park, you'll meet plenty of people to ride with in the DuPage area there.
    Grom?

I can't seem to get a correct address for the Bike Park. I have gone out to several different address's and everytime I can't find it, get lost or just drive around looking for it. you got an address for it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I live in naperville and ride in the DuPage sport complex every other day or so. It's off of Naper Blvd, corner of Naper and Royce Rd. Basically right on the boarder of Naperville and Bolingbrook. I just ride my bike there since I'm a couple blocks away. But it's a fun trail.

Where's this Plainfield bike park?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The plainfield bike park is easy to find. Take Rte 59 south and veer onto Joliet Rd (Rte 30 east)... Take that about 2 miles to Frontage Rd and make a right. About a mile down on the right is a forest preserve entrance, turn right and the bike park is right in front of you. I went last weekend and didn't really think it was worth the drive though.

Formerly of Kent
    I just moved from Wheaton to the west coast.

I know that there are a couple of guys who like to ride urban (I'm a road and XC guy myself) in town; I'd stop by Prairie Path Cycles in Winfield and ask around. My best friend's younger brother got hired on there a couple of months back, and I'd imagine he's there this summer too.

He does a fair bit of urban freeride and would probably appreciate some other dudes to ride with this summer before he goes off to school. His name is Jim; I'm sure if you ride around downtown Wheaton or Glen Ellyn for long enough on a Friday or Saturday night you'll see him.