Thread: Vultures Knob

What?

Vultures Knob

Last year, I started a thread on here about how I was disappointed in vultures knob. It seemed like it was getting dumbed down and not well maintained like it was just a few years back. I was truly disappointed since I remembered how it was in its heyday.

Since I took the time to start that thread, I thought I would take the time to start another one praising the trail this year. The trail is in the best condition it has been in years, and the new layout of the first few miles is awesome. Top notch work to everyone that has put the time in the make the trail what it is. A very enjoyable experience to ride there this year. Keep up the good work!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Good to hear, me and a friend are planning to head up there the last weekend of June and ride the trail. I am excited to test out my new SC Heckler on some of the downhill lines they offer. I have been dying to ride a trail with some fun wooden features as most of the trails here in Cincy have taken them out. Idlewild has some, but they let most of theirs fall apart.

What?
    Thats how vultures knob was the last few years. A few sections are still closed because of rotten wood and what not, but not everything can be fixed at once. The first half of the trail is the most fun I have had on an ohio trail in years.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yeah a guy we talked to at Devou Park was saying the wooden features were just becoming to expensive to upkeep. East Fork, I guess, took theirs out as well, and I wish I would have gotten to ride those trails prior to that. There is a trail in UP Michigan I would love to ride because I hear it is a wooden roller coaster.

Hermit
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteMindu View Post
    Yeah a guy we talked to at Devou Park was saying the wooden features were just becoming to expensive to upkeep. East Fork, I guess, took theirs out as well, and I wish I would have gotten to ride those trails prior to that. There is a trail in UP Michigan I would love to ride because I hear it is a wooden roller coaster.
    That would be Copper Harbor.

Copper Harbor Mountain Bike Trail System - YouTube

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yep that's the one. I couldn't remember if it was copper or cooper. I watched the video long ago and told my biking buddy that someday we would have to ride that trail. I wish more trails would involve wooden features like teeter totters, berms, and runs as they are really fun to ride, but hey whatever floats your boat, right?

mtbr member
    That Cooper Harbor place looks really fun. I am going to be out in the Port Clinton OH area in a couple weeks for my yearly family reunion. My cousin mentioned Vulture's Knob and I gotta say I am pretty excited to ride there. He was also saying they re-did a bunch of the wood features and the place is in great shape. Just mapquested from my cottage in Port Clinton>Cooper Harbor (700 miles)...man I wish I had more time but that would be at least a 3 day excursion. Gonna start planning for next year now!

As far as Vultures goes -- have the jump lines and DH trails changed at all from the vids available on their site/youtube?
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time