Thread: Versailles IN

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Versailles IN

Doing a race down at Versailles and was looking for terrain data. Anyone have a good link for a topo map or garmin-like data readout?

mtbr member

The topo lines are 10ft interval.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Just what i needed!! Thank you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I've never heard of such place until now, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    I've never heard of such place until now, thanks!
    Since you liked Brown County State Park, you'd like the trails at Versailles. Fast, flowy singletrack. I think both were designed, at least in part, by the same guy--Alex Stewart. It's definitely worth a visit.

mtbr member
    I really, really enjoyed racing at Versailles this year. Last year I was really uncomfortable with all of the rock, this year it wasn't a big deal. Don't know if I'll be able to make a trip back this year or not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    I really, really enjoyed racing at Versailles this year. Last year I was really uncomfortable with all of the rock, this year it wasn't a big deal. Don't know if I'll be able to make a trip back this year or not.
    I'm glad you felt more comfortable the second time around. I sort of enjoyed all the rocks on Creekside, but I don't race, not by a longshot. The trail that freaked me out was Cliffside. The steep drop off and the off-camber trail scared me to death. I'm a relatively new rider, so I walked that section. It may take a while before I get the nerve up to ride it. I really enjoyed the rest of the trail system there though.

mtbr member
    I was really freaked out on the Cliffside Trail when my daughter raced it last year. She was in the 10 & Under category and I had to remind her a couple of times to stay towards the high side of the trail!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Oh my; I bet your were freaked out! Was she freaked out? I'm always amazed at how unfazed some kids are by things that scare me to death. Oh, to be young.

How'd she do in the race?

mtbr member
    She handled it pretty well. She ended up winning last year, and again this year. Last year there were two in her category and the other girl DNFd and this year she was the only one. The 1st places look good on her plaque though!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I will be trying a 2man 24hr team for the race there this coming weekend. Looking forward to it!!!