mtbr member

Urbana-Champaign bike repair shop

I got a 29er commute bike from a REI in Georiga a couple months back. I have it down here at school now and noticed the rim is a little out of tru. I know this is normal for a new bike and REI is suppose to do a tune up after a couple hundred miles. But I don't want to have to take my bike to Chicago to find an REI and I"m willing to pay some money to have it done here.

Does anyone have any recomendations of a good bike shop in the Champaign area? Preferably one near campus on the Champaign side that I can ride to.

Thanks in advance
    Negative Reps Please.

Soy Loco

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    The closest to campus is Durst on University in Urbana, but I would personally recommend Champaign Cycle on Country Fair Dr. in Champaign. Maybe 2 miles from the west side of campus. Best shop in town.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

mtbr member
    Thanks, I think I called them and seemed like a nice place. I didn't go becuase it was farther than I wanted but I'll probably take the bus there if I don't have the time to go ride for a few miles. I called another place and the guy on the phone was a complete jerk. He must perform miracles on bikes to be in business.

Thanks for the help.
    Negative Reps Please.

Soy Loco