mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Trail Conditions Palos Ill.

Has anyone been riding out at bullfrog yet? Hope to hit it this weekend.

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by anthem5
    Has anyone been riding out at bullfrog yet? Hope to hit it this weekend.
    Better to look on cambr.org site. Sombody usually posts there with condition info. Last I heard the singletrack was still preet mooshy .

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Not at Palos, but I rode ST this morning and it's still pretty soft. With the 1+" rain expected in the next day or so, I don't think I would advise it.

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Pressure
    Not at Palos, but I rode ST this morning and it's still pretty soft. With the 1+" rain expected in the next day or so, I don't think I would advise it.
    Spring time is road bike time around here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'm about 80 miles north of palos, so I can't speak specifically to those conditions (though we've had similar weather), but I've been watching the trails around here closely and there has been a lot of drying and firming up this week. Earlier in the week I checked out some local trails on foot and they were still very sloppy, but today I was able to hit them on my mtn bike and 90% of the trail surface was either dry hardpack or slightly damp hardpack. The other 10% was a mix of some soft but rideable sections and isolated muddy spots that I opted to hike-a-bike to avoid leaving bike tracks.
    Unfortunately there's rain in the forecast, so I don't expect to be riding this weekend.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Whats ST? I haven't stopped riding my roadbike. Theres always time for that.