Thieves made off with several bikes from the Trek store in Schererville Indiana, right on US 30. The theives appeared to be smarter than your average bear, but please keep an eye out and let either the authorities or the shop know if any of the bikes make an appearance.

Begin forwarded email.

-=-=-=-=-=-

All:

I do not generally do bulk emails,but this may be of interest to you. I was making the rounds dropping off our Spring Time Trial Flyers for the Outback and heard that TREK on US 30 was robbed. Per Chad @ Trek they were quite professional. Cutting 115 wires but not cutting the critical one to trigger the alarm. Put foam insulation in the roof top speakers in case they made a mistake cutting wires inside the store. More pretty high tech stuff. They did not take the high dollar gold Trek signed by Lance, that hung on the wall. Only middle of the road stuff they can sell on the street. Nothing to get too much suspicion.

The following are the bikes that were taken. Keep an eye out for them if possible. the Trek 69er will be the easiest to spot. If someone is selling bikes @ at a GREAT deal it may be one of these bikes. I sent some info to SBend and Indy because you never know where these may turn up. If you have any leads please contact Chad @ the address/phone below.

Take care,

Bud H

----- Original Message -----
To: Bud H
Subject: RE: Banner

Hey Bud, here is a list of the bikes that were taken from the store. Thanks for the help keeping an eye out! Talk with you soon...

Trek 5.5 Madone D 56 Chi Red (06) - S#WL3357050 WL3357050

Trek 69er 19.5 Matte Root Beer (07) - S#WTU044G0639B

Gary Fisher Fat Possum LX 17.5 Prime Blue (07) - S#WL3487867

Trek Fuel EX 8 17.5 Satin khaki green & White (08) - S#306G0330C

Trek Madone 6.5 Pro 58 Chi Red (08) - S#WTU338T120C

Chad Wolfe
Trek Bicycle Store - Schererville
651 E. US 30
Schererville, IN 46375
www.TrekBikeStore.com