mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Southern IN - Greenway Passage

Anyone else ride around this area?

http://www.pcgreenway.org/

mtbr member
    This is a paved walking/biking trail through out the city of Evansville, In. Not much MTB'ing going on there. The loop is still not finished in places and is really meant for roadbikes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    There is a short maybe 1/2 mile trail in the woods next to the greenway between daimond ave. and the boat dock ramp.

Blind biker
    Its just on the riverfront and as already mentioned it is very short its more of a boardwalk than a path. Its also paved in brick.
    Going down some of the streets in the town almost requires a mtb as I rode mine this summer for 6 weeks around town while going to UE and I ended up break pedals, brake handles, stems, 2 sets of wheels, and a kickstand.

Riding makes me happy!
    The better part of it is a paved path littered with people with baby carriages, dogs, small kids, and other obstacles. No fun to ride at all.
    [SIZE="3"][FONT=Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]You guys and gals make me want to ride off-road.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Check out my Twitter: http://twitter.com/Bohamilton[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I have to agree with Bo55Diesel, the whole riverfront period should not even be considered a bike path as everyone down there that is walking and jogging decide to walk three stride on a two lane path wont step over 2ft for you to get around. I took my road bike down there and will never do that again as all along the riverfront is paved brick and ulitmatley f's up the wheels. A MTB is definatley the way to go if your going to ride it but instead of going down there just go out to burdette and ride there trails they are working on connecting it to usi. They have plenty of stuff to get into out there.