mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Scott Bikes Chicago

HI, i am looking to buy a new bike and would really like a Scott Scale. I live around Chicago and i am having a really hard time finding s LBS that sells Scott. Anyone know any stores. I am wondering why they are not popular. I really like the look of Scott bikes, looking into this or specialized. Thanks kyle

lookin' for a hill
    I remember hearing that they were not as readily available in the states due to copyright infringement with you guessed it, Specialized, dealing with their suspension design. The copyright doesn't hold in europe and that is why they are easily found there. I believe this has been addressed and is not a problem more recently. I'm sure someone will quickly correct me if i'm wrong. If it is Specialized you need, I can help you with that in the city of Chicago.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks, but i have plenty of LBS that i can go to for specialize. I just really like the scale and genius series and would love to check them out before pulling the trigger.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Higher Gear carries Scott

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Main Street Bicycles out in Carpentersville

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I think they can't sell the full suspension Scotts in this country because Specialized thinks they own patents on everything anybody ever thought of. I love the fact that Specialized is getting sued by Stans because they copied his rim design.

Like a FirePlug
    REI carries Scott's, but I've only seen rigids there.
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    if it close you go to main street bikes. talk to jeff. its a great shop super nice guy to