Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Possible new eastern Ohio mtb club...

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  swampboy62 
#1 ·
We're seriously looking to get things moving for a club that will cover the north eastern tier of counties - the ones out of CAMBA's range. The initial feeling is that it will concentrate on Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana Counties, and perhaps parts of western PA as well.

We aim to focus on promoting mountain biking, improving access and building new trails. We have some things going already, some looking really good to happen soon, and a focus to try to bring around some changes.

If you are from the area and interested, send me an email and I'll get you on the mailing list so that you can be aware of new developments. We're looking to get things going VERY SOON, so if you're interested don't wait around to make contact.

Wish us luck!

Steve Z
sgzohio"AT"yahoo.com

#2 ·
Second meeting!

Looks like we're the Rust Belt Riders, and we'll likely make the June 15 application deadline to be an IMBA chapter.

If you're in eastern Ohio - Trumbull, Mahoning, or Columbiana counties, or across the PA line in that area - and area interested, then send me an email and I'll get you on board.

There's lots of possibilities here....

Steve Z
swampboy62"AT"yahoo.com

#6 ·
Just to keep current...

The new club is Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition. We are in the process of becoming an IMBA chapter, covering Trumbull, Mahoning, and Columbiana Counties in eastern Ohio.

If you're interested check it out at our RBR facebook page, or send an email to rustbeltmtb@gmail.com.

We've already got a trail building project underway, plus group rides scheduled at West Branch. If you're in the area get in touch, or better yet JOIN THE REVIVAL.

Steve Z

#7 ·
Howdy, I just signed up here. I saw your posts on the trail work at Beaver Creek SP. I live 10 minutes from there so hopefully I can come out and help sometime. My wife and I just had our first child last week though, so free time is a little limited. I'll check out the Facebook page for the RBR.

#8 ·
Congratulations on the new baby. Get ready for the craziness now (but it's a GOOD craziness)!

I understand the new baby vs. free time thing - been there.

We hope to bring Beaver Creek up to a much higher level with new trails and reroutes. The new trail is turning out really well and serves as an excellent teaching experience for dealing with big rocks on trails.

If you're interested in helping out some time send your email address to me and I'll add you to the mailing list. If you want I can put you on the Rust Belt Revival mailing list as well.

Steve Z
swampboy62"AT"yahoo.com

#10 ·
On the radio!

The president of Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition is going to be featured on local radio WNIO 1390am, on their "Bicycling Today" show. This will air Monday, July 30 at 6 pm and will also be available via live stream from their website:

1390 WNIO - The Sports Animal 1390 WNIO

Also, keep an eye on local papers for coverage about the new club.

Steve Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.