Hermit

Possible new eastern Ohio mtb club...

We're seriously looking to get things moving for a club that will cover the north eastern tier of counties - the ones out of CAMBA's range. The initial feeling is that it will concentrate on Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana Counties, and perhaps parts of western PA as well.

We aim to focus on promoting mountain biking, improving access and building new trails. We have some things going already, some looking really good to happen soon, and a focus to try to bring around some changes.

If you are from the area and interested, send me an email and I'll get you on the mailing list so that you can be aware of new developments. We're looking to get things going VERY SOON, so if you're interested don't wait around to make contact.

Wish us luck!

Steve Z
    sgzohio"AT"yahoo.com
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

Hermit
    Second meeting!

Looks like we're the Rust Belt Riders, and we'll likely make the June 15 application deadline to be an IMBA chapter.

If you're in eastern Ohio - Trumbull, Mahoning, or Columbiana counties, or across the PA line in that area - and area interested, then send me an email and I'll get you on board.

There's lots of possibilities here....

Steve Z
    swampboy62"AT"yahoo.com
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by swampboy62 View Post
    Second meeting!

Looks like we're the Rust Belt Riders, and we'll likely make the June 15 application deadline to be an IMBA chapter.

If you're in eastern Ohio - Trumbull, Mahoning, or Columbiana counties, or across the PA line in that area - and area interested, then send me an email and I'll get you on board.

There's lots of possibilities here....

Steve Z
    swampboy62"AT"yahoo.com
    Where are the trails in this area? My wife is from the Warren area (Howland), and I occasionally get up there from Columbus.

Thanks

Hermit
    Quote Originally Posted by gfs69 View Post
    Where are the trails in this area? My wife is from the Warren area (Howland), and I occasionally get up there from Columbus.

Thanks
    I'm in Warren myself. The closest trails are at West Branch State Park, about half hour west. These are some nice trails, with a mix of tech and flow that gets a lot of riders.

There are another three or four trail systems within an 1 hr 15 minutes - Moraine PA (uber tech), Beaver Creek (nice, but not as much mileage), Quail Hollow (beginner/fast).

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by swampboy62 View Post
    I'm in Warren myself. The closest trails are at West Branch State Park, about half hour west. These are some nice trails, with a mix of tech and flow that gets a lot of riders.

There are another three or four trail systems within an 1 hr 15 minutes - Moraine PA (uber tech), Beaver Creek (nice, but not as much mileage), Quail Hollow (beginner/fast).

Steve Z
    Thanks. We stopped by West Branch on the way back from Dirtfest a few weeks ago, it is a fun trail. Good luck with the new club!

Hermit
    Just to keep current...

The new club is Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition. We are in the process of becoming an IMBA chapter, covering Trumbull, Mahoning, and Columbiana Counties in eastern Ohio.

If you're interested check it out at our RBR facebook page, or send an email to rustbeltmtb@gmail.com.

We've already got a trail building project underway, plus group rides scheduled at West Branch. If you're in the area get in touch, or better yet JOIN THE REVIVAL.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Howdy, I just signed up here. I saw your posts on the trail work at Beaver Creek SP. I live 10 minutes from there so hopefully I can come out and help sometime. My wife and I just had our first child last week though, so free time is a little limited. I'll check out the Facebook page for the RBR.

Hermit
    Congratulations on the new baby. Get ready for the craziness now (but it's a GOOD craziness)!

I understand the new baby vs. free time thing - been there.

We hope to bring Beaver Creek up to a much higher level with new trails and reroutes. The new trail is turning out really well and serves as an excellent teaching experience for dealing with big rocks on trails.

If you're interested in helping out some time send your email address to me and I'll add you to the mailing list. If you want I can put you on the Rust Belt Revival mailing list as well.

Steve Z
    swampboy62"AT"yahoo.com
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog:

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Good luck with the whole project. It's always nice to see people giving a little effort to make riding better for all. Keep up the good work.

Hermit

On the radio!

The president of Rust Belt Revival Trail Coalition is going to be featured on local radio WNIO 1390am, on their "Bicycling Today" show. This will air Monday, July 30 at 6 pm and will also be available via live stream from their website:

1390 WNIO - The Sports Animal 1390 WNIO

Also, keep an eye on local papers for coverage about the new club.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry

My insignificant blog: