mtbr member
    Dec 2007

New question here. Plz Recommend LBS in Columbus,OH/OSU area

Hi.

I am visiting a friend at C-bus. He lives pretty much on campus (right off High Street).
    While he will be in class I plan to visit some shops to kill time.

Can you you please reccomend shops in the area or a site where I can search for them.

Thanks

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    If you want current info - check over at www.mtbohio.org 's website. They've got some locals over there.

I know Baer wheels was north on High. (It was north of Hudson) and a pretty decent shop. Bikesource was close to that area too. Bigger style shop, but still pretty good.

If ya bring the bike there's a few trails hiding off of Lane Ave down by the river. (The entrance to the park is back behind the Varsity Club and the Holiday Inn - can also get there by going behind the 7-11.)

There's plenty more stuff around, but not all as close to campus though.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Those are all good bike shops...if you really feel like venturing out...check out the Trek Bicycle store on Sawmill road just north of 161 by Circuit City. From my experience...they have the most helpful staff and a great selection...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Also check the bike shop ratings on the Spokejunkie site...

http://www.spokejunkies.com/v3/shoplist.php

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    THANKS!

I think I'm gonna go visit bikesource and a the trek dealer. It is kinda a ways out there but at least i will be going there by bike. Let alone on a fixie. Vey fun in c-bus cruising around on ss/fixies. Better then the fixie crowd in jerz.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    didn't mention the nice bike lane system along the Olentangy! Liked my ride alot from campus all the way to where ever the hell I went up to Sawmill Road and to the Trek Bicycle store and Performance Bicycle. You forgot about performance bicycle! Although they carry lower brands. They still had some great components on them and their accessories there are like truck loads. I was gonna pull a trigger on a Fuji Cross Pro but I came back to do some more research before I spent that money. Good price though. It was on clearance with ultegra shifters and rear dura ache and front ultegra der. Stopped at Baer Wheels too. Good selection. Nothing my size tho. Specifically looking for a cross bike on close out. So that Fuji might be a good grab. They even offered really realy cheap shipping to my nj home.

Biked all the way back then my friend met up with me again and we went out for a little longer. I'm guessing around 30mi today on the SS road beater he has me riding. I am tiiiiireeed.