Heroes are overrated.
    Oct 2006

Places to ride in Madisonville, Kentucky

I'll be traveling up to Madisonville,Kentucky from Florida for the first week of July to attend a wedding. I'll be bringing my Specialized Stumpjumper FSR and would like to know of some places to ride.

I ride a lot of XC and am no stranger to dirt jumps, very technical sections, moderate downhill, etc. I've tackled every black or double black diamond trail I've come across in Florida (Alafia, Razorback, Boyette, Santos, etc)

Thanks for the heads-up. Any maps or links would be a huge help!

mtbr member
    I know it's not the closest place to ride, but I'de drive to LBL / land between the lakes. The canal loop. It's down by Kentucky lake. Maybe an hour or so outside of Madisonville, defintetly worth it though. It's the best xc loop around, hands down. Start the loop at the trail head across the street from the welcome center. You'll be stoked, there's a lot of good, fast, and fun trail there.

Several miles infact, over 14 miles.

More info and a trail map. Remember Canal loop not North and South trail.
    http://www.lbl.org/LBLCanalLoopTrails08.pdf

Heroes are overrated.
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Chargin
    I know it's not the closest place to ride, but I'de drive to LBL / land between the lakes. The canal loop. It's down by Kentucky lake. Maybe an hour or so outside of Madisonville, defintetly worth it though. It's the best xc loop around, hands down. Start the loop at the trail head across the street from the welcome center. You'll be stoked, there's a lot of good, fast, and fun trail there.

Several miles infact, over 14 miles.

More info and a trail map. Remember Canal loop not North and South trail.
    http://www.lbl.org/LBLCanalLoopTrails08.pdf

This sounds perfect. I'll definately be checking this out.