mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Places to ride, Cinci area?

So, I come to visit some people in Middletown, Ohio often. (between Cinci and Dayton) and I always bring my bike. Well the people I visit don't ride, so I'm looking for riders and trails to ride in the local area.

Suggestions? Lonely Riders? Anyone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm here for the next week or so. In between Dayton and Cinci. Anyone riding? Know of any trails that are in decent shape. I know its cold but I'm feeling the itch to ride my new SS and would enjoy some company.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    check out this thread for places to ride.

I am not sure that I am going to have a chance to ride until saturday. you probably dont want to ride with me anyways. im a noob that gets tired quick and i dont do a whole lot of technical stuff yet.

http://forums.mtbr.com/midwest-il-oh...ck-813715.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well, I enjoy riding with all types of people. I actually ride single speed, so I bet my ssing will go equal with your noobness. If you want to ride PM me and we can set up a time.

undercover brother
    I ride SS as well, but all the trails are going to be absolute slop unless you go when the ground is still frozen. The Midwest sucks in the winter. Alot of trails are actually closed until the ground dries up in the spring.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    The next few days "according to the weather" states that it's going to be the mid to upper 30's. Then the weekend will be mid to upper 40's. Sadly that will be sloppy.
    I don't know where any trails around here are, nor do I have transport during the day to go look for any. I'm itching to break in my new Monocog.

undercover brother
    Yup. I rode Momba (in Dayton) Saturday and the trails were perfect. Frozen as can be...tires biting every turn. Then I decided to go back Sunday. It was 25 out, I started out riding the trails were ok, but about 5 miles in the sun had warmed the ground enough that the ride back to the car was... well heres a pic.

Places to ride, Cinci area?-imag0588.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Oh now I bet that was a fun ride. Pretty sure the lady would kill me if I slapped my bike in the back of the car like that..What she doesn't know wont hurt her I guess.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thecaptainswhiskers View Post
    Well, I enjoy riding with all types of people. I actually ride single speed, so I bet my ssing will go equal with your noobness. If you want to ride PM me and we can set up a time.
    lol. i will let you know, really depends if i have to come into work saturday morning or not. thats kinda up in the air for now. also i have only ridden idlewild which will probably be sloppy since it is supposed to rain tonight, freeze for the rest of the week and then be in the 40s and 50s friday and saturday. never been to the other parks so no idea how bad those would be. i would definitely be up for it in the spring or when it dries up some

Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    I ride SS as well, but all the trails are going to be absolute slop unless you go when the ground is still frozen. The Midwest sucks in the winter. Alot of trails are actually closed until the ground dries up in the spring.
    yep. pretty much sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tangaroo View Post
    Yup. I rode Momba (in Dayton) Saturday and the trails were perfect. Frozen as can be...tires biting every turn. Then I decided to go back Sunday. It was 25 out, I started out riding the trails were ok, but about 5 miles in the sun had warmed the ground enough that the ride back to the car was... well heres a pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0588.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	296.3 KB 
ID:	773204
    i definitely got you beat on this one. i rode idlewild a few weeks ago. the trails in the woods were still frozen but that wide track trail that gets no shade was terrible. the sun had thawed it out and it was just one huge mud pit. ive never seen a bike that muddy before, and hope i never will. it was nasty. my front wheel had a hard time spinning because there was so much mud caked between the fork and the tire. wish i had taken a pic but didnt. got kicked out of the self-wash car wash for washing my bike off there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Kicked out of a self wash car wash? For washing your bike? Wow, that's kinda shady business. Luckily I live over by Brown County (nashville indiana) and it's very MTB friendly.

undercover brother
    Ahhh BC is quite the place! Lucky you get to ride that often.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Kicked out of a self wash car wash? For washing your bike? Wow, that's kinda shady business. Luckily I live over by Brown County (nashville indiana) and it's very MTB friendly.

yep. he did not want the mud. he threatened to call the cops on me because i ignored the "no mudders" sign. ive never had that problem. The car wash owners usually dont care as long as I clean up after myself. joke is on him though because i washed my mud covered truck there a few days before lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yeah, Riding BC is a weekly thing for me usually. Weather permitting.

He must not like money, I'd not turn down business of any kind, in this day and age. Isn't that what those places are for? To clean your vehicles? lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yeah, Riding BC is a weekly thing for me usually. Weather permitting.

He must not like money, I'd not turn down business of any kind, in this day and age. Isn't that what those places are for? To clean your vehicles? lol
    i guess not. if only he knew how many quarters it takes to get a muddy anything clean lol. no, car washes are for clean cars only.

i would have just done it at my house but my hose was frozen

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I always go to the local car wash after riding. The most complaints I get are from people in cars that wish to use the wash and are to impatient to wait. Oh well, so is life I guess.

Snow snow snow, all it does is snow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    So I am in the local area for an extra week and still looking for some folks to ride with. Anyone down? Monday seems to be the only day on the list that's close to 50 degrees.

Anyone down for riding in the cold? ? ? =)