Thread: Peoria Il

newbie w/ a deathwish
    Aug 2008

Peoria Il

As a bike commuting resident of peoria i'm curious, are there any offroad trails etc here in the city at all? anything?

ICORR - FORC
    Ohmygoodness... the Peoria area has a multitude of trail systems with sweet singletrack - Farmdale, Independence, Dirksen, Jubilee, Black Partridge - all ready and at your fingertips.

If you have the smallest inclination to ride trails, you need to hook up with the folks who are responsible - www.pambamtb.org. Good peeps, good trails, good times. And you're in luck, the I-74 Farmdale Festival is only a week away!
    There's car, beer, girls, and bike. Not just the three; you can have four. - Tyler Klassen

newbie w/ a deathwish
    Aug 2008
    i meant IN peoria, not around it, as getting to things like farmdale and jubilee wihtout other transportation than my mtb is almost impossible (at my level of riding.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonatas
    i meant IN peoria, not around it, as getting to things like farmdale and jubilee wihtout other transportation than my mtb is almost impossible (at my level of riding.)

Indy/dirkson is probally the closest, but its still across the river in Pekin.
    but i dont know all the secret spots,i just visit my brother down there. check with The Little Ades guys or the Bushwhacker guys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    dont bother w/ Bushwhacker. what kind of trails are you looking for? if you dont mind occasionaly jumping out of the way of dirtbikers all those trails along Kickapoo creek are fun to ride. kinda flat but when the creek is low real fun to ride. you are not allowed to but noone ever yelled at me, but if you want a more DHish experiance the hiking trails on Grandview drive are fun.and there are few DJ spots but i aint talk'n. also if you are willing to look there are soem trails off of the Rock Island trail. but honestly Farmdale and Jub aint that far. b4 i moved to KC i lived between Peoria and Kickapoo and i rode to farmdale a fewtimes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Detwiller park has some horse trails and a lot of single track type paths through it. There are also a lot of trails around forest park nature center. lower detwiller park down by the river has some trails also. The best thing to do if you don't have a car is find the city bus schedule. most peoria buses now have bike racks on the front. You can take the GP Transit to sunnyland shopping center where the movie theaters are, (I cant remember the name of it) just past East Peoria. when you get off the bus you can ride down the street that is in between the movie theaters and Harold's hamburgers for about 1 1/2 miles and you will run into the trail head for the farmdale. Its worth the trip. GP transit also runs to downtown Pekin several times a day also. I think you can get to the Pekin trails pretty easily from where it stops.