mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Palos or See Wa Kee beta?

Headed out tomorrow and wondering which of the two if either are good to go? Been a pretty hard freeze the last couple of days and I figure since it is going to be overcast tomorrow, it shouldn't soften up too much.

I haven't ridden either (from Colorado but here for school), so any rec'ds would be appreciated. Trying out the new 29er for the first time so I am pretty stoked.

TheWebGuy
    Go to Palos, much more terrain, better maps and trail markers (though not all that easy to follow).
    Just ride the bike.

Yay! Bikes !
    Palos will be good while frozen, it was great last weekend. Go early!
    If I see somebody on a 29er I'll be sure to say hello.
    Nick.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Since it didn't get below 25 last night I opted not to go today, but Sunday looks like a go!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Made it out to Palos this morning. For being so close to Chicago, it is an impressive network of trails. I did, however, get wicked lost a couple of times. The trail is very hard pack with ice in many spots. But it generally didn't screw up the flow of the riding and I had an amazing time.

If anyone wants to show me the ropes either tomorrow, or Tuesday, I would be happy to tag along.

TheWebGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Made it out to Palos this morning. For being so close to Chicago, it is an impressive network of trails. I did, however, get wicked lost a couple of times. The trail is very hard pack with ice in many spots. But it generally didn't screw up the flow of the riding and I had an amazing time.

If anyone wants to show me the ropes either tomorrow, or Tuesday, I would be happy to tag along.
    I have not been winter riding at Palos yet. I wish I could take off of work and ride Palos with you and show you the good stuff.

Maybe over the weekend.
    Just ride the bike.