mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Palos, IL Where to get an after ride beer?

Any good eats around the area? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    One of my favorite places is called the Patio. Its just North of 95ht Street and Harlem. If you head East on 95th away from the trails it should be about 10-15 minutes to Harlem, depending on Traffic. There is a lot around there too as there is a mall near buy and such. The Patio is a great place for a beer and a burger, or ribs. Its located in the Menards lot so to speak.

If you head south, there is a ton in Orland but that wil be about 15 mintues away as well. Before you get to Orland, I believe there is a bar/grill type Pub, but I forget what its called. Its off Lagrange Road, which is called 96th Avenue over there I believe. So if you went south on that, you would it something good eventually.

I have never been to those trails, but I grew up to the South Side of Chicago and have been to the area many many times. Everytime I go up to visit my family, I end up at the Patio I mentioned.

Not sure where you are coming from either, but there is a dump off onto 294 that you will pass to get there, so its not too far away from that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The northeast corner of Rte 83 and Southwest HWY there's a bar called Trio. Brews and good food.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Drive North on La Grange Rd to Palmer's in La Grange. It's a few miles, but it has a huge beer selection, great burgers, and a nice beer garden in the back.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The place on 123rd (McCarthy Road) and LaGrange is called Hackney's. Awesome place to eat and chill, and they have alot of live music as well. Trio is an awesome place. Patio has some of the best BBQ food. If you go about 3 minutes past Hackney's to 143rd street, the next 2 miles has anything you'd want.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxpossum
    Drive North on La Grange Rd to Palmer's in La Grange. It's a few miles, but it has a huge beer selection, great burgers, and a nice beer garden in the back.
    A few miles? Its roughly 6-7 miles. You would essentially be going 50+ blocks. ITs not a bad drive until you hit the countryside/hodgkins area and all the lights starting around the Joliet/lagrange intersection all the way to downtown la grange. IMO that is probably more of a pain of the ass than its worth, especially since it might be completely out of the way for some people.

The place on 123rd (McCarthy Road) and LaGrange is called Hackney's. Awesome place to eat and chill, and they have alot of live music as well. Trio is an awesome place. Patio has some of the best BBQ food. If you go about 3 minutes past Hackney's to 143rd street, the next 2 miles has anything you'd want.
    Hackney's, that's it! I couldn't think of that name of that place. Its probably one of the quickest places to get to considering there is nothing in between 95th and lagrange and that place besides a couple of lights and 50+mph speed limits. The lights are usually in your favor too.

Of course once you hit 143rd you have the Orland area and everything they have to offer from Girodano's, to Granite City (micro brewery) to Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings. Of course that might be out of the way for some. Depends if you are coming form the North/South/East/West. I believe there is 294 Access at 159th somewhere and I-80 Access around that area as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    There is a new place that just opened right up the street, close enough to pedal over, Stag's Head Pub http://www.thestagsheadpub.com

Downtown Lemont is also not far and Nick's has a 1lb burger for less than $7. The menu at Nicks is pretty short, burger, cheese burger or italian beef. The owners are HUGE Cubs fans which makes it difficult for me but the burger is worth the bad red and blue decorations.
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.