Thread: Paint Creek SP?

mtbr member

Paint Creek SP?

Planning on a morning ride this week, which the original plan was to ride at caesar's creek. Since I have never ridden at paint creek, thought I should toss it into the possibilities. Anyone been there recently? Is it worth the drive from the Cincinnati area? Thx in advance!

mtbr member
    I think you might be disappointed with the trails. They've recently just mowed potions of the North loop, but the first red trail is completely grown over and needs lots of work done to it. I haven't even rode on the South loop since the beginning of may, due to it getting no maintenance and the red trails just seem impossible. I only live 8 miles away from PCSP and go all the time but if I had to drive a hour I'd be deeply disappointed. There's really only about 4.60 miles of good ride able trail here, the rest is your own risk. I really hate how they're just letting this trail go.I've done some work there, a older gentlemen has put concrete down on the wet spots, but there's so much more work to do.

It would be worth it to come camp (nice campgrounds, good fishing), do other stuff there or hit up Great Seal while your close by.
    Last edited by droc089; 06-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by droc089 View Post
    I think you might be disappointed with the trails. They've recently just mowed potions of the North loop, but the first red trail is completely grown over and needs lots of work done to it. I haven't even rode on the South loop since the beginning of may, due to it getting no maintenance and the red trails just seem impossible. I only live 8 miles away from PCSP and go all the time but if I had to drive a hour I'd be deeply disappointed. There's really only about 4.60 miles of good ride able trail here, the rest is your own risk. I really hate how they're just letting this trail go.I've done some work there, a older gentlemen has put concrete down on the wet spots, but there's so much more work to do.

It would be worth it to come camp (nice campgrounds, good fishing), do other stuff there or hit up Great Seal while your close by.
    Thanks for the trail info. There is not too much about it online, and now I see why. Ended up staying closer to home today anyway. Just might have to go camp with the family there though.
    You are spot on suggesting Grat Seal though, one of my favorite trails!

mtbr member
    Yea Great Seal is awesome, lucky to live so close.I do wish I lived closer to John Bryan SP, rode there yesterday and had a blast. Plan on going a lot more, and trying the races there in august. It's pretty flat but it's fun, tight, and twisty with lots of boardwalks and ramps. Can be easy or hard, just depends on how you ride.
    Last edited by droc089; 06-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Update on Paint Creek.

I've gone through and cleaned some of the south loop, all 3 of the single tracks(last one still needs some cleaning but doable). When you get there check out the map, and hit all 3 single tracks on the south loop to get the most outta this place. Do not try the single track across the road when you finish with the south loop, ride the road back to the parking lot. I think there's at least 10 miles of good track here including the north loop.

Note on the North loop: going counter clock wise I recommend not hitting the first section of single track. The second one is cleaner, but with a couple trees down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by droc089 View Post
    Update on Paint Creek.

I've gone through and cleaned some of the south loop, all 3 of the single tracks(last one still needs some cleaning but doable). When you get there check out the map, and hit all 3 single tracks on the south loop to get the most outta this place. Do not try the single track across the road when you finish with the south loop, ride the road back to the parking lot. I think there's at least 10 miles of good track here including the north loop.

Note on the North loop: going counter clock wise I recommend not hitting the first section of single track. The second one is cleaner, but with a couple trees down.
    Awesome! Thanks for the work and update, I will check this out soon then.