NMBP

OHIO-New Website!

Ohiosingletrack.com Forums - Ohio Singletrack Trailhead

Greetings! Take a ride on the newest Ohio singletrack. This new site is replacing the old OMBA website that was many versions behind in software updates. It was easily hacked and spammed which caused no end of problems for users and administrators alike. So, we're doing a reboot with a whole new suite of software. (vBulletin, so many of you are familiar with it already.) We have many improvements planned; including a trail conditions page that includes the entire state, and some other cool stuff. Set the travel on max and lower your tire pressure, it's bound to get a bit bumpy.

We didn't bring over all the old forum posts , it is a loss but it was just not feasible. The old site wasn't even letting the admins in anymore, probably due to more hacking.

Hermit
    This is going to be IT for Ohio mtbrs, so get yourself registered and see what the new site has to offer.

Looks like the old OMBA site is all but shut down now. Get your trail condition updates through the new site.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

Orthodox Veloist
    Looks great, thanks for setting it up.

One bad thing however: I can subscribe and get daily update emails on the classified forum. How am I suppose to save money now?!?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    how does this work with CAMBA members...I joined at Rays a month ago and dont see anything on the login/signup site...only OMBA stuff and only to purchase..what if you just signed up or already a member....there was some reading in reguards to this but was a bit uncomprehensible. I went thru the free signup and got the e-mail...hit the link and still cant log in???? gotta make this USER FRIENDLY if you really want folks to use it.

COMBO - President
    Hi Guys,

I am the president of COMBO and the main administrator for the OST site. I'd like to address some of your questions.

1. What if you're a CAMBA member? As you probably know, CAMBA has joined IMBA as an IMBA club. This means that your CAMBA membership will run its course for the remainder of the 12 month membership and when renewal time comes, you renew through the IMBA/CAMBA registration process on the IMBA site. You are a CAMBA member today, tomorrow you'll still be a CAMBA member but through the IMBA chapter program.

To answer you purchase question, everyone goes through the purchase process when registering, just select free membership. There is an option to pay for an annual website supporter membership. this help us pay for the website, it's just $1 a month bill annually. This is seperate from the CAMBA/IMBA membership program.

Other Ohio clubs have also joined IMBA; AOA, CORA, MVMBA, RBRTC. All of them will follow the same process I outlined above.

COMBO and MMBC members are not IMBA chapter clubs. We will manage the memberships through the new OST site. I've gone to great pains to tightly integrate the OST registration with our new membership processing, so you only have one login and one site to worry about.

If you're having trouble, email me at soster.gregg@gmail.com I'll fix you up. Remember, there are real people on the other end of your computer, we're volunteers trying to do the right thing.
    Last edited by FASTK; 11-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Hope to meet you on the trails!

Gregg Soster
    Central Ohio Mountain Biking Organization - President

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    cool deal...thanks for the info and gooood luck with the new site......and THANKS for all the work!

NMBP
    Thank you for clarifying Gregg. Please remember that this site is still new, and there will be a few growing pains as we move forward.

Hermit
    Looks like the OMBA site is now down for good. I hope everyone makes the transition to the OST site and it becomes an even better resource than OMBA was.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/