mtbr member
    May 2007

Northwest Indiana Riders

I'm looking for people to ride with around here, possibly to train for an event with. I live in Dyer, so I usually ride Imagination Glen and Palos. PM me or add me as a friend on Facebook.

Or join the Northwest Indiana Mountain Bikers!

aka greyranger
    see pm

mtbr member
    I am in Porter Indiana. About 10 Minutes from the glen. Getting ready to start back up again. Thrashed my old bike in AZ, just got a new Scott, so I am excited to get back out there.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Hey

Hey, you should join up with the facebook group, one of the guys is headed to IG at 3, and I'm headed there at 4, love to have you ride with us!

mtbr member
    Sounds good. Unfortunately my work schedule is hell this week! I will be biking most on weekends and after 5 on weekdays whenever I can.

I will join the facebook group so I can stay in touch!

aka greyranger
    The group is NW Indiana mountian bikers. There are only 20 of us but somebody will post when and where they are riding.

mtbr member
    Looking forward to it. Going to check out the page now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    How much has IG even been open this year? It's been mighty wet.

I might swing by IG Sunday afternoon on my way back from the lake if it's open?

aka greyranger
    The upper part of IG has been open a lot. We were out there Tuesday and rode the whole thing. Just a few soft spots down there. Got alot of rain last night, if we do not get anymore Sunday should be great.

mtbr member
    That would be exellent. I am picking my bike up Friday night hopefully. I would like to check it out.

Outback Trail Commission

Outback Trail Member

welcome, yeah the Glen has been pretty wet this year. If you are interested in meeting guys to ride with you can also meet many of our members Sat May 23rd. We have a workday scheduled. We should be getting our Wed. Nt. Group ride started pretty soon pay attention to our website for trail info www.outbacktrail.org Last year we took trips about every 4 weeks or so (Kickapoo, T.K.Lawless, Fort Custer, Potato Creek, etc.) to other locales in the our midwestern riding area. Guys we welcome all people to participate. With under 20 due paying members and an average of 5 to 7 workers showing up for workdays anyone who has ridden the Glen knows how much work is involved. We have had 2 or 3 new guys to the last workday, hopefully they make it a habit!

mtbr member
    That is what I figured because of all the rain. Do you guys ride Wed night at the glen? My work schedule is pretty demanding, but I would like to try and make some. I should also be able to help out a bit this summer.

Outback Trail Commission
    Wednsday afternoon /evening rides have not begun as of yet. We were talking last Thursday about starting later this month if it dries out enough. Just keep an eye on our website it is usually updated fairly regularly. If you want to drop me a private message on this website with your E-mail address I'll get you put on our contact list for the Glen or you can register at our site. Steelworx

mtbr member
    I did register already, but I will send you a PM as well.

aka greyranger

workdays

Quote Originally Posted by steelworx
    welcome, yeah the Glen has been pretty wet this year. If you are interested in meeting guys to ride with you can also meet many of our members Sat May 23rd. We have a workday scheduled. We should be getting our Wed. Nt. Group ride started pretty soon pay attention to our website for trail info www.outbacktrail.org Last year we took trips about every 4 weeks or so (Kickapoo, T.K.Lawless, Fort Custer, Potato Creek, etc.) to other locales in the our midwestern riding area. Guys we welcome all people to participate. With under 20 due paying members and an average of 5 to 7 workers showing up for workdays anyone who has ridden the Glen knows how much work is involved. We have had 2 or 3 new guys to the last workday, hopefully they make it a habit!
    I was one of the new guys out there last time, and I will come again. Try not to schedule the work days on holiday weekends, alot of us go out of town. I think you may get more that way. There is alot to be done and Iknow the more the better. See ya on the trail.

Outback Trail Commission

Special Event Memorial Day race

Quote Originally Posted by redranger
    I was one of the new guys out there last time, and I will come again. Try not to schedule the work days on holiday weekends, alot of us go out of town. I think you may get more that way. There is alot to be done and Iknow the more the better. See ya on the trail.
    We are doing prep work for the Extreme Trail Run at the Glen. Thats why this particular weekend. It is one of the ways we make money to keep the Outback Trail Commision running like the poor waif children we are! Also this wednsday we are starting our evening/afternoon group rides. If we get no more rain! We'll be riding the high-ground out and back. Check website for starting time and any changes for rides and workdays.

aka greyranger

work

Quote Originally Posted by steelworx
    We are doing prep work for the Extreme Trail Run at the Glen. Thats why this particular weekend. It is one of the ways we make money to keep the Outback Trail Commision running like the poor waif children we are! Also this wednsday we are starting our evening/afternoon group rides. If we get no more rain! We'll be riding the high-ground out and back. Check website for starting time and any changes for rides and workdays.
    Gotcha on the work for trail run, talked to Bud earlier today at the trail.

Outback Trail Commission
    Workday at Imagination Glen Sunday June 28th at 8:00 A.M. we are in dire need of bodies to carry boardwalk into woods to make the Trailer Run part of our trail accessable. This part of the trail usually takes quite a while to dry out. Check our website for more info at www.outbacktrail.org

aka greyranger
    Can't make it out of town, told Will I should be able to help pick up the rest the week of the 6th.