Thread: Nixa MoTrails

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Nixa MoTrails

Anyone heard when the new trails in Nixa are opening up?

I drove around a bit tonight looking for the location and cant seem to find it either.

Anyone got any info in this?

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by DG73 View Post
    Anyone heard when the new trails in Nixa are opening up?

I drove around a bit tonight looking for the location and cant seem to find it either.

Anyone got any info in this?
    I was told that it was supposed to be on Mothers Day weekend, so this weekend. But I haven't been able find anything official or exactly how to get there. If you find out more I'd appreciate a post back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I finally found it! google these coords and it will point ya there 36.955087,-93.353173

Looks like an event is planned for Sunday for mothers day with a preview of one of the XC trails and a few of their downhills.

Unfortunately my wifes not into biking so I wont be attending but it looks like they will have a Shimano rep there along with demo bikes from a few of the local shops....sounds like a blast.

Heres the facebook page if anyone wants to check them out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trail...08669732543779

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I ran into one of the Trail Springs guys at Sac this weekend. I asked him when they would be open to the general public and he thought it would be open in June sometime, but they haven't set a date. I'm guessing it depends on weather and how many volunteers show up to help.

He mentioned they are working on Tuesdays and Weekends to get things finished up. He encouraged us to sign-up and go out there on those work days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard01 View Post
    He mentioned they are working on Tuesdays and Weekends to get things finished up. He encouraged us to sign-up and go out there on those work days.
    I got the chance to go to the Mothers Day preview of the tails and they were awesome. It was so refreshing to ride a trail that was designed as a mtb trail not a hiking trail that mtb 's can ride. I already signed up for Saturday 5/25 but the Tuesday and Thursdays are 5:30pm-800pm which unfortunately will not work for my schedule. If they start working our there Tuesday and/or Thursday day time, i'll come out every week, otherwise its just every other Saturday.

mtbr member
    Start volunteering!!!!

Beginner Slope Style Run 2 from Kelly C. on Vimeo.

'12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange

Who is John Galt?
    All very mysterious or maybe just not enough time to get the word out. I just found out about this and am really psyched for it. Looks like an amazing trail. Trailspring is the group that is building these, nothing on the site though except a link to a Facebook page. If you keep looking you will find a video. It's called Two Rivers Trail, the rivers are the Finley and James I believe. Here's a link to Trailspring: trailspring.org

And here's the directions: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...296%2C0.358086
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member

Re: Nixa MoTrails

It's still "mysterious" because we are still working on it. Volunteers do get riding privileges though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Who is John Galt?
    Glad to hear that. Can you tell us more about the trail? From what I have seen, it looks amazing. I live in Jeff City but will try to get down to "earn my dirt."
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member

It's almost complete! It was designed by Progressive Trail Design and will have close to 15 miles of single track, 3 downhill courses (expert downhill will be in phase 2), skills park, and pump track. There will be options to camp on site, a mechanic's area if you break something, and bike washes for convenience. We are just about a month away from the grand opening and will be putting in the ramps and features as well as working on the hospitality area in the next few weeks. If you are familiar with the Slaughter Pen style park then this is right up your alley. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

This picture was taken at a small waterfall along the trail

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Who is John Galt?
    Damn! Might have to get a new Yeti...can't wait for you to get that open.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member

Got a map done recently...doesn't include the pump track or skills park.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I went and volunteered last Thursday evening and then after the work was done myself and a couple others went and rode around until dark. Truly amazing what I've seen so far. The section on the above map labeled "Intermediate DH Flow Trail" is a couple minutes of pure mountain biking bliss. We rode it three times in a row and then I went home and ordered a new frame off ebay that is more DJ friendly and a dropper seatpost. According to the email I received over the weekend it's slated for a July 27th grand opening. Get out there and volunteer, earning your dirt is definitely worth it.
    Last edited by tsj5677; 06-17-2013 at 03:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I live 3 hrs from there and can't wait to make the trip!!!

mtbr member

The opening will be Aug 3rd not the 27th original plan. The skills area is a neat little playground

There are new videos in the "Grand Opening" thread.

mtbr member