mtbr member
    Mar 2009

New Trails near Ft Wayne

There are some new trails just south of ft. wayne in decatur. If you go to decatur on us 27 and turn to go east on 224. Go east untill you cross the st marys river. Turn right after you cross the river you will turn into the Comunity Market Grocery store. Behind the store is a paved "river green way". If you follow that trail you will run into a big rusty colored rail road trussle. When you hit that you have two options climb some hills that are before the bridge and hit some trails, or pass the bridge and follow the green way south it will be a down hill section then off to the left and then SINGLE TRACK will start. Its not marked and not very long maybe 2.5 miles long but its fun twisty with very tight trees and brush.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    sounds cool i'll have to hit it oneof these days, i live south of bluffton bout 7 miles where you located???

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Are those the same trails a bunch of people used to ride dirt bikes on? I'm in Decatur twice a week for class through early May, I may have to check that out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Are those the same trails a bunch of people used to ride dirt bikes on? I'm in Decatur twice a week for class through early May, I may have to check that out
    Yes and no. You can ride on the old dirt bike trails the guy that owns it dosn't care if mtb are on his land. The dirt bike trails are alright but the tight single track is on the west side (opisite side of the river from the dirbike trails) are where the trail is at.

EMTnate are you takeing ems classes through Adams Co EMS? I am also a EMT-A in adams Co.

I live In Decatur if you want to ride some time I can pm you my phone number I race dirt bikes and use mtb to keep me in shape. Let me know, I rode it on friday it was muddy but rideable. I actully took my sister on her first mtb ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    trail will be good to ride by this weekend as it was alittle muddy today rideable but muddy.