mtbr member
    Dec 2013

New rider here from SWMO

Hello ladies and gents. New rider here with a Giant Cypress DX. It's used and don't know much about it. I'm in Nixa, MO which is just south of Springfield. I'm looking to learn more about my bike and what I can and can't do with it. So far I haven't been to any parks or off road yet but I think I would prefer downhill off-road to any other riding. I've seen vids of a park called Two Rivers in Highlandville, MO which is about 15 minutes from my house that I'm dying to try. I'm looking forward to meeting people in my neck of the woods that can give me a pointer or two.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Glad to know there are others! I'm from Ozark and dying to get my first bike and head out to Two Rivers myself! I know that place gets a ton of traffic so go on out and meet some folks!

mtbr member
    Welcome to the forum! About any decent weather Saturday and Sunday Two Rivers is packed. Thriving mountain bike scene around the Springfield area with quite a few places to ride. Two Rivers, Sac River, Busiek, White River Valley trail, and Chadwick if your really fit. And the Arkansas trails like Slaughter Pen and Lake Leatherwood.
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    1995 Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    2001 Bianchi Volpe
    2009 KX250F ... 2004 KDX200

mtbr member
    MORC meeting in January 30th at Springfield Brew Co. That is a great way to meet people and get involved. As for your bike....you need to look into something different if you are looking at gravity riding. The frame and wheels were designed to work on gravel and green ways. Two Rivers has 4-5 foot drops on the intermediate trail. If you have any questions feel free to message me. I am one of the lead volunteers at Two Rivers

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    '12 Trek Marlin Signature Green
    '13 Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Gulf Blue/Orange