No Titus anymore...

Need photo help from the Mid-west!

Hi. I'm a Colorado rider. I work for a bike company that supports bike shops.
    I'm doing an article about destination cycling. It's very, very general. I need a photo that typifies Mid west riding. Something that would inspire someone from say, Colorado or the East Coast to road trip out there.
    I'm not asking for secret areas, just a great shot that is classic Midwest that I have permission to use.
    We support 900 bike shops in the US and Canada, and the article will appear on a good bit of them. And, no I can't pay for the image, but I can send a sticker pack or trade photos with someone. I'm obviously very happy to give full photo credit and send a link to the final work.
    Thanks.
    Ride on, rider. Ride on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Contact Vertical Illusions - 608.253.2500 verticalillusions.com. they are in central wisconsin and have the classic wisconsin rock formations. They have tons of pics in their store that I'm sure they would send you.

No Titus anymore...
    Come on now, SOMEONE has to have bad a$$ pics of a ride somewhere.
    Here, I'll get you started. I just got back from a great trip in Arizona.
    Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg az.jpg (247.7 KB, 369 views)
    Ride on, rider. Ride on.

mtbr member
    ive got sweet pics from illinois, but they arnt your TYPICAL illinois trails.......there much sweeter than typical. ill show them to you, and give you the link to the photographer to ask his permission. im just the photo subject.

mtbr member

heres the best way to contact the photographer, tell him chad sent you.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=22017127&ref=nf

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

mtbr member
    sombrio, is that the peoria dh course in farmdale? im leaving in 30 min to drive there and ride tommorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If you want to post/send your email address....I'll forward you a few that I've got (mostly swooping singletrack pics and some with fall foliage). I can't upload pics to this site.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Winona Lake's Fat & Skinny Festival is a couple of weekends away - that should have opportunity for good shots of us in the midwest.

Witty McWitterson
    Here's a few - send me a pm, and I'll send a whole slew of 'em to you. What bike company are you referring to?

Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    These two guys are peeps in the MN that are worthing talking with. I've been on shoots with both of them and both have covered events for me.

www.benberndtphotography.com

www.scottharaldson.com

Tell them Buck sent ya.

weRd!
    Buck

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    sombrio, is that the peoria dh course in farmdale? im leaving in 30 min to drive there and ride tommorrow.
    yup sure is. taht pic was taken liek 2 years ago though, and i have not ben there in over a year since in moved to KC, but i dont think it is any diff than it was.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    yup sure is. taht pic was taken liek 2 years ago though, and i have not ben there in over a year since in moved to KC, but i dont think it is any diff than it was.

from what ive heard they are going to rebuild the DH course at a different part of the property leter this year. but yes that one is still there and still the same. are you coming to midwest mtn bike fest? if so ill see you there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    from what ive heard they are going to rebuild the DH course at a different part of the property leter this year. but yes that one is still there and still the same. are you coming to midwest mtn bike fest? if so ill see you there.
    yup ill be coming back for the MMBF and later in the summer for the DH/DS race. dont know yet if i will bring my Stinky for the MMBF or not ill be riding my Transition TOP for sure.

JmZ
    Reformed Lurker
    Another one to check out is go visit www.hmba.org.

They've got some great shots of down at Brown county (it even got a mention in the WSJ) and Versailles.

JmZ
    JmZ

From one flat land to another.

Advocate as if your ride depends on it...

ht freerider
    Nov 2008
    wisconsin sux 4 freeride but i know vertical illusions is a great place 2 ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hi res files of the shots here are available as I have many more photos taken since. Notice the all rights reserved. My terms are very easy and friendly - give a little bit of recognition and $ to our trail building club.

http://www.pbase.com/wjlshots/bike__trail

Rogue Warrior&Anarchist
    These are just a few, don't have any with riders since I ride solo most of the time.
    Let me know what you think.