mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Mtb trails near Berea, KY

Hello everyone,

Going to be in Berea, KY next week and was wondering if there are any good trails near there. Berea is about 40 mins south of Lexington. Use to live there, but was not into biking at the time.

I will also be in the southeaster part of the state (Knott Co.) for a couple days as well, but I know plenty of good mining roads, etc... to get out and explore in that area.

I'll be riding a full rigid single speed. Just looking to get some good scenery in.

Thanks in advance-

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I was down that way a month or so ago. Rode a trail at Laurel River Lake. It is a section of trail on a larger trail system. Out and back. 8 miles one way. No big climbs. Decent flow. Scenery is mostly of the lake. I don't really look at it as a destination trail though. Solid trail for locals.

If you can go a little further south. Big South Fork just became an IMBA epic. It is worth it. Best scenery of any trail I've ridden. Grand Gap and John Muir are the trails I rode. There are more trails there but I didn't ride them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the info. I will see if I have time to check the Laurel Lake trails out. Man, that Big South Fork system looks awesome. I will need to make plans for it in the future.

Thanks again.